The Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies and to some other clients such as charities. Responsibilities
You'll be responsible for running the client on behalf of a Partner or one of the senior investment consultants, as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives. You won't be giving investment advice in your own right just yet, but you will be heavily involved in preparing advice. You'll have client contact and attend meetings from day one and you'll be looking to be signed off as an Investment Consultant in the future. We will support your development towards this.
This role can be based at either of our Birmingham, Bristol or Cheltenham offices so please specify your preferred location when applying.Qualifications
Ideally you'll be working within an actuarial or investment consultancy and will be nearly or newly FIA or CFA qualified with experience in Defined Benefit pensions. However if you are fully FIA or CFA qualified with other relevant investment experience, we'd certainly consider your application.
You'll be self-motivated with the ability to take personal responsibility for the provision of services to some smaller clients. You'll have strong problem solving abilities and be confident in answering queries raised by clients whilst also understanding who is best placed to research into or answer other queries. You'll be able to manage your own workload effectively along with that of small clients, which will include delegating work to other team members and ensuring timescales are met. You'll also have the ability to explain technical issues in simplified terms to trustees, scheme sponsors and more junior members of the team.What's in it for you?Core & Flexible Benefits:
Giving Something Back:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.Wellbeing
: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.Diversity
: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.Your progression:
we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.Other activities
: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you'd like to join in and meet like-minded people.