This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate conceptual graphic designer, based in our Leeds studio, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We're looking for someone with strong creative vision, who communicates clearly and persuasively to clients and engages with colleagues. The person for this role would be willing to expand upon their already exceptional skills and learn from other creative/technical disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Supporting the Studio Lead in driving quality and creativity throughout the team, while contributing to a positive working culture is paramount.
This role offers great scope to grow your experience areas, whether you're designing for print, leading the creative on an event, or having design input into virtual reality / motion projects. There's a huge opportunity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. A self-starter with a 'can-do' mind set, the successful candidate will possess a passion for adding value and going the extra mile, to deliver fresh, creative solutions. You will be a team player that embraces the variety of work, enjoying the buzz of a dynamic working environment and be brimming with ideas.Please note: An updated CV and portfolio is a mandate to process your application.
- A creative thinker who is comfortable talking with clients to understand their ideas and bring them to life
- Confident communication with clients and colleagues when pitching and winning new work
- Experience of working with digital teams to deliver innovative multi-discipline
- Helping to develop future work pipeline through client engagement, spotting opportunities and maximising potential
- A creative designer who is unafraid to challenge - happy with day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design's vision and culture
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and photoshop
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Friendly approach and a team player
You will have a stand-out portfolio full of great conceptual work, displaying a real passion for design.
About Creative Design
'Creative Design' is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 65 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins' teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We're problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits packageThis role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.