MoneysupermarketGroup's mission is to help households save money, we supply products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors, helping UK households save approx. £2bn each year, something we're incredibly proud of. However, our market is highlycompetitiveand our customers deserve even more, so we're constantly improving our platform, products and ways of working. Our products are built by highly collaborative teams of product managers, designers, developers, QAs, data scientists and DevOps engineers. For 2021 we've made exciting changes to our Product Engineering model, to take things to the next level - strengthening the relationship between Product & Technology, unlocking and empowering our engineers to focus on what matters most, creating a more dynamic and inclusive culture and an increased focus on high performance and attracting the best talent in the industry.
At Moneysupermarket our Front End Developers use their creativity and knowledge of user facing technology and passion for UX and high-quality execution to inspire everyone they work with to deliver a world class experience to our customers.
find out more about our teams here Within 1 month, you'll:
Longer term, you'll:
- Meet your teams, peers and key stakeholders and begin to build relationships.
- Dive into our technology by pair programming with engineers in your team.
- Understand the landscape and roadmap of the systems you work with.
- Be identifying opportunities for improvement
- Learn how Moneysupermarket operates, our principles, history and where we're heading.
- Complete our onboarding, training sessions and all the usual gubbins.
You should apply if:
- Lead on the delivery of new features and functionality in your team.
- Collaborate with all members of your team and work hands-on through all stages of delivery, using practices like pair and mob programming.
- Contribute to the technical strategy for your team.
- Drive forward initiatives you identify for making improvements.
- Ensure we are effectively managing maintenance and operational requirements, such as technical debt & sensible levels of documentation.
- Using your expertise and experience to mentor and coach others.
All Benefits can be found on the Moneysupermarket Group Careers website
- You're an expert with SASS / CSS3 development.
- You're experienced with automated testing, both unit tests and E2E test frameworks.
- You're familiar with accessibility principles and able to apply them.
- You know how to build fast, responsive, high-performing web pages.
- You're happy to work across the full stack and have experience with CI/CD and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- You're able to guide and mentor people and teams to design, deliver and maintain high-quality web applications.
- You have a passion for agile development - you love to ship and deliver value as quickly as possible.
- You love working in a highly collaborative environment.
- You like to take the lead on making things better.
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We're a place where you can be you.
'Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we're actively building representation that's more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you're passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.''
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you're likely to have a lot of questions. If you'd like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we'll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom, at tom.woo d @moneysupermarket.com