We are seeking to recruit a SeniorFire Safety Design Engineer
to join our Rail building services team basedin London. Experience in delivering building services projects within rail is amust. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyondour projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. Fromremaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier tonavigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - andimproving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best,who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, buildsustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize theexperiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve byworking together and applying our skills and expertise across design,consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll findsolutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliverexceptional results, today and tomorrow. About The Role:
Reporting to the Principle Engineer, you will provide the technical solutionfor assigned projects ensuring successful delivery. As we operate in such adiverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience ofworking on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance yourskills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project to meet budget,time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations,promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis' services during interfaces withclients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievementof the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you toprogress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.Responsibilities:
- To undertake fire system design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including authoring Fire Strategy, Fire System design including detection, alarm and hydrant
- To undertake consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches.
- To undertake design checks and reviews before issue
- Provide technical leadership to the assigned project/s
- Maintain good relationships with client's key representative, and contribute to the marketing/networking of the company to potential customers
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, bringing market intelligence, skill development, mentoring and bringing required talent
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Rise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to fire engineering within the team
- Ensure consistent high-quality design delivery
- Help generate repeat business from both internal and external client
- Cross sale Arcadis wide capabilities to the clients
- Extensive fire safety design experience in design consultancy environment
• Proven experience in authoring Fire Strategy including balance recommendation of passive and active provisions to achieve compliant and safe solution
- Hand-on experience and knowledge of Fire System design including detection, alarm and Fire hydrant. The sprinkler and gaseous system design experience will be added advantage
- Good understanding of the legislations (incl FSO, Building Regulations etc), London Underground, Network Rail and British Standard including BS EN 9999, BS 5839, BS 5306, BS EN 12845, etc
- Experience in working with the rail environment is essential. Aviation and data centre experience will be added advantage
- Be a competent user of office IT and design tools i.e. NBS/NES, AECOSim, Revit etc
- Stakeholder management skills and a can-do attitude
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in proactive way
- Capable of working under pressure and on several projects simultaneously
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment and bring value from assimilated wider knowledge of other disciplines
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in project and business context, is essential
- Financial awareness is essential for the role
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right foryou. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals.And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you canlook forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractivestarting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of asociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employeerecognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevantprofessional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and aflexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiencesdevelop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at theheart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our peopleacross six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ andRace. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- BEng/BScDegree qualified in Fire / Electrical / Mechanical / Building ServicesEngineering; MEng / MSc preferred
- CharteredEngineer (CEng)