At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Operations Talent Development (OTD), Leader Coaching team.
The Senior Facilitator position is responsible for instructor-led (classroom or virtual) training deliveries for our World-Wide Operations (WWOps) leaders development during their onboarding, proficiency, and mastery phases. The Senior Facilitator is also expected to develop programs and resources that will enable our 'Leaders-as-Teachers' strategies which will create capacity to facilitate OTD programs and build leadership capabilities.
This role entails providing strong leadership and classroom presence across EU and/or other countries globally. The position will be based out of Luxembourg, Barcelona, or London and will require approximately 50% travel internationally.
• Deliver our instructor-led classes and programs (in person or virtual). Must be able to facilitate high quality learner-focused programs which have informative content and engaging learning techniques and environment. A successful candidate will leverage deep understanding of the business to translate business insight and strategies to skills and capabilities needed by the audience.
• Coach and develop subject matter experts (SMEs) to deliver learning sessions/programs though 'Train-the-Facilitator' process, evaluate training deliveries, and provides feedback and/or written reports.
• Design and deploy programs and resources that develop leaders' ability to effectively communicate and engage stakeholders (reporting manager, peers/colleagues, suppliers, vendors, etc.). Produce written documents and reports to communicate and gain support for solutions and measurement/evaluation plans.
• Seeks both informal and formal feedback on learning programs for trend analysis, improvement of training programs, and identification of future learning opportunities for our WWOps leaders.
• Work across multiple locations, countries, languages, and cultures in order to deliver high-quality facilitation programs with business outcomes.
• Work autonomously and remotely from reporting manager, team members, peers, and supporting teams.
• Build and maintain strong business relationships, collaborating with the program manager, instructional designers, learning coordinator, business/program analysts, other facilitators, and business leaders to deliver learning outcomes.
- Participate in learning project teams. Build and scale durable learning and performance solutions worldwide.
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years of Amazon Operations experience
• 2+ years of work experiences in the areas of management/leadership development, organization development, large group facilitation, training and training design; or equivalent business experience
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role or leading teams
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral, written, and body language), and interpersonal skills
• Experience in formulating and implementing learning and performance improvement strategies, methodologies, and procedures for standardization and delivery throughout the organization
• Proven ability to problem solve while interacting with class participants, the Operations team, senior leaders, and other stakeholders in order to drive learning solutions
• Program and project management skills in a matrix organization, including managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, and influencing others
• Moderate experience in developing presentations and training materials
• Master's degree in Business, Education, Organizational Development, Engineering, or Instructional Design is highly desirable
• CPLP or other adult learning/training certification a plus
• Prior Amazon Operations experience
• Proven ability to negotiate agreement and build effective teams
• Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
• Proven ability to actively use training data to track, trend, and manage training efforts
• A strong focus on internal customers' needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment in training. A qualified candidate will focus on how training contributes to the company's bottom line and will have the analytical skills to justify programmatic decisions with data