Operational Transaction Services (OTS) is the largest combined Operations and IT team in Europe. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximise value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As part of our team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people The opportunity
We are seeking to further expand our team with consultants who work across a range of sectors that include Private Equity, Digital and Telecoms. As a Senior Executive in our team, you'll advise clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions use your intellectual guile and enthusiasm to apply your technical skills across the M&A transaction lifecycle; including pre-deal diligence, portfolio review and corporate carve-outs & integrations. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Executive within our Operational Transaction Services team, you'd assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work and work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands and be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role. As a consultant you'll advise clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions. Skills & Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Develop experience of a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g operational due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g integration planning, tracking) and restructuring (e.g rapid cost reduction).
- Project Work - Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices as well as leading meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for integration, carve-out / separation and operational restructuring
- Contribute to management of each engagement, including commercials and risk.
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Role Model - You would act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarise analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace
- Flexibility - Be flexible to support on broader IT & Operational transaction work
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional services 'Consulting' experience within a Big 4 environment.
- Operational IT due diligence, post-merger integration and carve-out experience.
- Demonstrable financial analysis experience from a number of pre- and post-deal transactions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing and reviewing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership
- Proven track record across a broad range of industries such as Healthcare, FMCG & Manufacturing.
- Business administration knowledge / qualifications (Ideally MBA qualified).
What we are looking for
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment
You'll be a trusted business consultant to our clients and use your deep knowledge of multiple IT technologies to work closely to their needs. Your proven project management and stakeholder management experience will be key to the role. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.