In today's market, businesses face new and ever evolving disruption from innovation, market shifts, and changes in the capital environment. EY's leading Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy (TaRS) team delivers solutions at pace. Whether our clients are companies, government organisations, or financial stakeholders and whether they are on the brink of a crisis or seeking to build resilience in their business, we work closely alongside them to deliver the financial and organisational solutions that enable them to adapt and succeed. Providing leadership in difficult and complex situations, EY's TaRS team rapidly solves, executes and ultimately transforms the outcome for our clients. Your Key Responsibilities
As a Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy Senior Executive, you'll manage the TaRS engagement by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols.
When required, you'll personally execute designated TaRS procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
- Understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to the TaRS assignment to achieve the best solution
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training TaRS professional
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Previous experience of working within a TaRS environment
- Experience of leading independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within TaRS and across other services, and can actively participate in business development
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
What we look for
- JIEB qualification an advantage but not essential
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
- Own network of contacts with work providers, or will understand how to build one
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized - helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. EY-Parthenon is a brand under which a number of EY member firms across the globe provide strategy consulting services. For more information, please visit ey.com/parthenon . If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.