Senior Executive (Manager) (IT) (Cyber) Transaction Strategy and Execution - EY Parthenon
EY-Parthenon's Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) team is the leading Strategy and Operations business in the EMEA region, providing advice to corporate and private equity firms who intend to acquire, divest or restructure businesses. The team comprises advisors with specialist commercial, operations, IT and deal / transaction experience from industry, advisory and audit backgrounds. The opportunity
Due to increased traction in the market and deal flow we are now looking to expand our Cybersecurity Transactions team. You will be exclusively focussed on supporting transactions from a Cybersecurity perspective pre deal and post deal working primarily with Private Equity and Corporate clients executing deal mandates.Qualifications:
What we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic professional with an in-depth understanding of a wide range of cybersecurity technical and operational aspects who will have a focus on M&A (pre-deal due diligence and post-deal integrations/separations/carve out). You'll be a trusted business consultant to our clients and use your deep knowledge of multiple Cyber security technologies to work closely to their needs. Your proven project management and stakeholder management experience will be key to the role. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. Your key responsibilities
As a Cyber Senior Executive within Transaction, Strategy and Execution, you will be a vital member of the Cyber team advising clients across all industries and sectors. You will work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions. You will also assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to generate new business opportunities. Skills and attributes for success
- Have a broad knowledge range across information security and cyber defence
- Have a strong desire to work in a M&A environment operating across the transaction lifecycle
- Develop experience in a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g operational cyber due-diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g integration planning, tracking) and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction)
- Be familiar with working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarise Cyber analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace
- Lead work-streams comprising of clients and colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices
- Lead meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning for pre-deal diligence, integration, carve-out/separation and operational restructuring.
- Ability to work on high-profile projects, challenging requirements and in a fast-paced environment
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with recruitment and training responsibilities
- Be flexible to support on broader IT & Operational transaction work not necessarily related to cyber security
- Take ownership for Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) to ensure client work is delivered consistently and in compliance with EY's quality standards
- Manage internal practice development including development of tools, accelerators, methodologies and market propositions
To qualify for the role you must have
- A technical background in Computer Science, Network engineering with a BSc or Masters in a technical subject in the field (Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar). A PhD or MBA is a plus but relevant experience will be considered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience of producing and reviewing high calibre reports, papers, presentations and thought leadership.
- A track record of successful project delivery in corporate businesses where you are responsible for managing project team members and vendors
- Have a broad range of IT experience including, infrastructure, applications, databases and networks
- Have deep knowledge of Cyber Security risks, controls and governance within corporate environments and how these support and can enhance business operations
Ideally, you'll also have
About EY Parthenon
- Demonstrable evidence of personal development in cyber security, such as maintaining a blog, writing articles, contributing to open source projects, undertaking a personal project etc.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations including EU GDPR/UK DPA as well as industry standards and frameworks such as OWASP, PCI, ISO27001, NIST and SANS Critical controls.
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment
- Experience in providing Cyber Security advice within multiple transactions, spanning a broad range of industry sectors, providing deal-relevant points of view and recommendations to clients leveraging your Cyber and IT experience.
- Client facing consulting or contractor experience
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized - helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. EY-Parthenon is a brand under which a number of EY member firms across the globe provide strategy consulting services. For more information, please visit ey.com/parthenon . What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. Please note:
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters! If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.