We are recruiting for a Senior Estimator
to join our Highways Consultancy business. Location can be flexible for this role. Role objective:
The objective of this role is to ensure the delivery of the projects cost planning and estimating outputs and ensure they are sustained, through regular reviews, which are to be carried out in accordance with the project Cost Planning Strategy and Delivery Plan. This role should ensure equally, strong governance is provided in line with both project and HE internal cost planning and the requisite manuals and management systems. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Responsibilities:
\t Previous experience:
- Responsible for the generation of and maintenance of the cost estimate. \t
- Providing bottom - up estimates for one of the Highways contracts - Roads North or Roads South. \t
- Align outputs to deliver in accordance with the HE Major Projects Cost Estimation Manual and potentially other industry standards such as RICS NRM and CESMM (if required). \t
- Ensure that the cost estimating outputs are delivered compliantly to the correct governance in terms of those set out for the project, HE's governance standards and in accordance with best industry practice. \t
- Support the Estimating Manager and Head of Cost Planning on the project, including the management of interfaces between the various internal and external stakeholders of the function by providing reliable cost estimate budgets, benchmarking data, supporting the procurement process and permit determination of the economic business case for LTC. \t
- Provide a series cost estimates that provide the formal cost estimating requirements set out in the project cost planning strategy and plan, whilst simultaneously permitting short- and long-term budgetary control. \t
- Provide guidance and support the development and training of assistant and/or graduate cost estimators, including a focus on their personal development objectives \t
- Provide support to colleagues from other work streams to assure that estimates and forecasts are managed through the project change control process. \t
- Assure integration of workstreams across the disciplines when producing or altering costs estimates. \t
- Provide input and support into the risks management and schedule/programming functions to ensure appropriate cross disciplinary baseline integration of cost, schedule and scope are sustained throughout the project life span. \t
- Provide input to the production of an assured cost planning rates and production outputs database, which meets the projects and client's requirements. \t
- Responsible for maintaining, coordination and interacting with the supply chain, to ensure the project achieves successful outcomes, which provide value for money, for the client. \t
- Ensure all estimates include adequate recognition and provision for health and safety factors in the delivery of the project.
\t Why Arcadis?
- Exposure to senior positions in the cost planning and estimating function on large infrastructure projects. \t
- Detailed experience in cost estimating, commercial and schedule risks. \t
- Experience producing robust cost estimates on high profile Complex Infrastructure Schemes, in any of the following areas; \t
- Indirect (Prelims) and Enabling Works \t
- Estimating Project Risk & Opportunities from First Principles on large value programmes or projects. \t
- Statutory Undertakers works \t
- Pre-Contract Development Phase Estimating and Monitoring Project or Programme Budgets \t
- Acquired a bank of general and specific commercial experience in the construction and related industries. \t
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working in/adapting the philosophy of a 'One Team' environment within a project change controlled environment. \t
- Examples of exercising sound judgement, leading and facilitating decision making on complex issues among multiple parties. \t
- To be able to work across diverse stakeholders. \t
- Ideally educated to degree standard or vocational qualification equivalent \t
- Either a member or working towards an appropriate professional body or equivalent work history . \t
- Demonstrable experience of working in a major infrastructure project in a similar industry and/or to working in a matrix and dispersed team.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Commercially, technically and contractually proficient.
Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
To influence all levels in an organisation to produce timely documents etc.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to working to strict timelines/different styles of leadership
Ability to use MS Office Suite
Ability to use Estimating Software such as 'Cost X'.