We're continuing to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. Wherever possible, all interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.Job title:
Senior Engineer - RailJob Description: Senior Engineer (Rail) Location: London
Join us as a Senior Engineer and you'll help to shape the railways of the future. We're a friendly and professional team, always open to new perspectives and looking for ways to collaborate. Get your career off to a great start as you combine your academic knowledge with practical experience as a Senior Civil engineer. We'll help you along the way with mentorship, networking opportunities, training and support to develop your career further.
You will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of a wide array projects. You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning. What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards in accordance with the Capita's quality management system
- Resolving technical issues
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Scope and supervise surveys.
- Opportunity to work under mentorship to develop and undertake CRE responsibilities on Rail projects.
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
- Gantry and foundation designs
- Rock cutting stabilizations works.
- Designers risk assessments
- Bridge design, refurbishment and strengthening schemes.
- Completing design forms (F001-003)
- Cat 3 checking of third-party designs
- UTX/URX design
- Lineside Structures
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we are creating tomorrow's prosperous and connected places.
Across the UK, our clients rely on our trusted team of experts delivering ingenious and effective solutions for their projects. From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and collaborative approach.
We're a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.What's in it for you
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
REIJobsWhat we hope you'll do next:
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we are creating tomorrow's prosperous and connected places. Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time. Location:
United KingdomTime Type:
Part timeContract Type: