Senior Electrical Design Engineer / ElectricalDesign Engineer
Birmingham, Bristol, or Cardiff
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of whatis most important - look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see itis about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together,to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact whereit matters most - and improving quality of life.
Are you looking for a change and wantto take up an exciting opportunity to join our growing and dynamic Water Teamas we widen our skills to adapt to embrace the shift our industry is facing? Canyou bring solid technical delivery ahead of programme and budget and do youhave a thirst for knowledge with desire to challenge the normal by embracingdigital platforms to shape the future of the design delivery?
The team's offer to themarket is unique as Arcadis provides Design and Consultancy services incombination with deep expertise in built assets. Our Water Team is involved in some of the UK'smost complex and stimulating projects that are both diverse and technicallydemanding and we can provide global opportunities as we embrace cross-regioncollaboration.
We have an enviable reputation in thedelivery of such projects and are working closely with some of the UK's mostestablished and recognisable organisations, undertaking a wide array ofprojects to enhance the UK's water environment. Working particularly withRegulated Water Clients, Local Authorities, as well as providing our expertiseto our HS2 and Lower Thames Crossing projects.
Reporting to the Senior or PrincipalEngineer, you will be responsible for the project design output of theirengineering discipline and client technical oversite to meet budget, time-frameand quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting andmarketing all facets of Arcadis' services during interfaces with clients andother sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of thedivisional business plan and building networks within the industry.
There will be a number of projects thatthe Electrical Design Engineer will work on at any one time; this will involvedisciplined self-management to ensure that all required outputs are achieved ontime. You will work in a multi-disciplinary design team environment andcommunicate effectively with the other design disciplines to ensure aneffective overall design output.
The overall responsibility is to ensuresuccessful execution and completion of design outputs for a number of projects,meeting defined timescales, milestones, and quality standards whilst meetingcommercial objectives. This will alsoinvolve managing relationship's internal and external and embracing the Arcadisbehavioural framework.
This role can also be a developmentalrole towards a Senior or Design Lead Engineer position.
• Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar e.g. Physics OR HNC / HND
• Chartered Engineer or commitment to working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status and a member of a professional body.
• Electrical Design or Project Engineering related experience ideally within the UK Water or Heavy Industry sectors.
• Detailed knowledge of engineering and in particular their engineering design discipline (i.e. electrical).
• Producing - SLD's, Motor / Load / Instrumentation / Cable Schedules, Specifications for MCC's / Transformers / Switchgear / Instrumentation / PLC Hardware etc., Electrical Calculations, Equipment layout and cable routing drawings, Design Risk Assessments.
• Experience with Supplier and Sub-contractor liaison and management, MCC's, Motor starting and protection, Harmonics, Power Factor Correction, Amtech, DSEAR / ATEX, Industrial Communications Networks, PLC / SCADA / DCS systems, Functional acceptance testing, Functional Safety.
• Have a good understanding of the other engineering disciplines within the design team (i.e. process, mechanical, civil, structural and CAD).
• Have a general understanding of project commercial issues and constraints.
• Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures.
• Understand the importance of and execution of change management.
• Ability to plan and programme (particularly own work). Prioritise and allocate time according to priority.
• To work independently and as a team member.
• Assess and mitigate design and other project risks.
• Knowledge and experience of BIM led design and Autodesk suite of products.
• Experience within the regulated water and/or water environment sectors, covering water supply or wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure, reservoirs, canals, and rivers is desired
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a 'people first' business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.