About the Role
Who we are
In FTI Consulting's Economic and Financial Consulting (EFC) practice, we help our clients navigate legal, regulatory and international arbitration proceedings while supporting strategic decision making and public policy debates around the world. Delivering incisive interpretation of complex economic issues has made us a global leader in this field.
Our team includes economists, accountants, valuation professionals, MBAs and econometricians.
Our economists, accountants and finance experts draw on a diverse set of skills to answer a wide range of economic and financial questions, often in the context of legal disputes.
We work on varied and challenging assignments across a wide spectrum of industries. We work with international law firms, global conglomerates and FTSE 100 companies, governments and regulators.
We have significant expertise in the valuation of businesses, intellectual property, financial products, and other assets. We are the leading firm in the provision of expert evidence on valuation issues and the quantification of economic losses before courts and tribunals all around the world. We also provide valuation services for commercial, reporting, and regulatory purposes, for example, in the context of licensing, investment appraisal, fiscal valuation, and transfer pricing.
What we do
Examples of some of our recent projects include:
Quantifying the effect of regulatory changes in the solar power industry: We were engaged by a number of investors in solar power plants to assess the economic justification for changes to regulatory regimes that defined how their facilities were paid, and to quantify the impact of the changes on the value of their investments in those facilities.
Valuation of an online gaming business: On behalf of a panel of banks we valued a minority interest in a global online gaming business as part of the restructuring of its owner, an insolvent investment fund.
Quantifying losses following a patent infringement in respect of aircraft seating: We were engaged by the owner of patents for aircraft seating to estimate lost licensing income following an infringement of the patent owner's intellectual property rights. Our work also included proposing a reasonable royalty for the use of the rights, based on an analysis of economic benefits generated by the patents and comparisons with other, similar licences. What You'll Do
- Senior Directors are involved in the full range of EFC's work. They are likely to be developing a specialism in a discipline or industry sector.
- Senior Directors have a central role on projects, taking day-to-day responsibility for delivery, organisation of the work into streams, and the effective use of Consultants or Senior Consultants. Typically, Senior Directors will develop with other senior project team members the approach to projects, or parts of large projects, and are responsible for anticipating, identifying and resolving issues and keeping senior team members informed of progress.
- Senior Directors are responsible for the preparation of formal reports, including their structure and content.
- Senior Directors will develop and manage a network of professional relationships with clients and others.
Knowledge & Competencies
- Suitable candidates will be problem-solvers who enjoy developing and applying bespoke approaches to solve complex, unstructured problems in a logical manner.
- Candidates will have strong analytical skills; be able to explain their work and communicate their conclusions and findings clearly, both orally and in writing; and be able to draw upon considerable experience of applying principles to solve problems in practice. The ideal candidate will have an eye for both the big picture and for detail.
- Sufficient relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective EFC Senior Director and alignment with our firm's values of; integrity, creativity, achievement, respect and empathy;
- An ACA, CFA, or other relevant qualification (preferably); and A first (2.1 or better) or higher degree from a university with a reputation for excellence in the subject in question.
In addition, the following knowledge and competencies are required:
- A solid understanding of the principal concepts in valuation, accountancy, micro-economics and finance and a deep understanding of the concepts in one or more of those disciplines;
- To be able to develop and apply robust methods to address complex economic and/or financial issues; The capacity to critically evaluate and compare different sources of information and assumptions to assess reliability;
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines whilst having to rely on inputs provided by others;
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.