About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
We are currently looking for a Senior Director to join our expanding Public Affairs team in London who can bring a new set of skills to the team. This team supports leading corporates, professional services, governments and non-governmental organisations in navigating Westminster and Whitehall. They counsel clients facing legislative threats and investigations or support their engagement with policymakers and regulators in London. What You'll Do
Qualifications & Experience
- To manage - client accounts and client teams independently, sophisticated client communication programmes and issues management
- To set direction - for team members and client programmes, independent of day-to-day oversight
- To build - our team reputation through excellent service and our team's success through generating new business opportunities. You will nurture and grow your well-established network of political stakeholders, clients and contacts
- To apply learning - by bringing fresh thinking and new approaches to how we help our clients
- To deliver excellent client outcomes at all levels - every day and on every mandate
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of operating at a senior level within a large agency with a focus on the financial services industry, or in an in-house role in a significant financial institution. Other key requirements include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable ability and desire to drive business development and attract, retain and expand client relationships.
- A strong network of relationships across politics and the public affairs industry
- Capacity to manage priorities between multiple client assignments and firm initiatives
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills - both in large group and smaller meetings.
- Senior level corporate communications and agency experience, preferably with specialist knowledge of public affairs
- Self-starter who thrives on high level of accountability
- Demonstrated leadership ability in client service and project management
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and a possess service-oriented attitude
- Developed ability to multi-task across client programs, firm initiatives and sales opportunities
- Ability to recognise, explore and use a broad range of ideas and practices, thinking logically and creatively without influence from personal bias
- Capacity to adjust behaviour to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to direct a project from concept to conclusion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, potentially in other markets
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.