About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Financial Services team consists of around 35 people and is the leading FS-focused communications advisory in the UK. It builds and protects the reputations of a full spectrum of UK and international businesses including banks and investment banks, insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
You will be joining a fast-paced team which delivers integrated communication advice and support to its clients. Our dynamic team values hard-work, an entrepreneurial approach and the capacity to take on new ideas and develop knowledge. We think holistically about stakeholders and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences with our work.
We are seeking a Senior Director to join our growing team in London. An interest in the investments industry and strong experience in corporate communications is required, although the role will give the candidate exposure across the financial services sector. The role will involve collaboration with colleagues across the firm - including digital, public affairs and employee engagement, and internationally. The role will support existing clients as well as involvement in the development of new business and supporting senior leadership in the day-to-day running of the team. What You'll DoDeliver to Clients
Build the Business
- Own and manage client relationships alongside senior team members; creatively prepare and deliver the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage accounts on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with clients
- Create integrated campaigns for multiple stakeholder audiences, often working in collaboration with digital, public affairs, ESG and employee engagement specialists from across the firm
- Developing planning documents across clients which target multiple stakeholder groups, through media (although multi-channel experience is favourable) Supporting on issues management, leading drafting of communication assets alongside senior team
- Lead on the delivery of research and thought leadership proposals across B2B and D2C audiences
- Deep sector knowledge and journalist contacts within the investments space, with ESG expertise particularly favourable
- Helps clients identify and escalate risks in order to act and communicate with integrity.
- Highly proactive approach to sourcing and creating new clients and expanding existing mandates, with opportunity to further commercialise sub sectors within the investments space
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Lead pitch proposals, with examples of drafting RFPs, lead presenter and fee negotiations required
How You'll Grow
- Mentoring and training junior team members
- Support senior management in ensuring team processes are in place and regularly share ideas on ways to evolve these
- Share industry and media insights across the team, based on journalist and industry contacts as well as thorough reading of the news
- Understands and lives by FTI's values, Code of Ethics and the Strategic Communications Rules of Practice, and works with junior staff to embed these concepts within the firm's culture.
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job from some of the leading professionals in the industry, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent 2:1 (or equivalent)
- Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors, particularly corporate communications within investments and / or fintech.
- 8 years of previous experience in an in-house corporate communications or PR agency role
- Strong media relations skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Has established media contacts in the Financial Services sector
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1