Full time - flexible working may be considered
35 hours per week
Circa £53,000 per annum
Corporate Functions (HR, Finance, IT)
Are you passionate about delivering quality digital services to customers? Are you a Software Developer that wants the opportunity to develop the skills needed to succeed in management role?The role
Here at the Solicitors Regulation Authority, we are looking to hire Senior Developers who will be responsible for the delivery of digital software development primarily using Azure, Optimizely and Vue.js to help us achieve our 3 year digital strategy.
You will focus on: The development of our externally facing digital solutions - portals, website and other custom solutions. You will be key to setting up standards, principles, and ways of working to achieve this in the most effective manner
Oversight of third-party code delivery, including review of code, pull requests and technical documentation to ensure quality delivery.
Reporting into the Head of Delivery on an interim basis, you will use your experience to help shape and continuously improve the software development methodologies, processes and make sure this are adopted by the team.Development opportunity
For one of the Senior Developer roles, there is scope to offer on the job line management training and coaching, if desired, with the foresight that once upskilled you will have the opportunity to lead the development team (in-house and partners) towards delivering a 3-year strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is a highly skilled developer who is looking to move into management and leadership of technical teams. What we can offer you
What we are looking for
- The opportunity to gain on the job line management training and coaching
- Opportunity to help shape the software development processes
- Showcase your software development skills and technical capability
- Develop strong working relationships at all levels to make sure that services are in line with our standards
- Work collaboratively with other areas of our organisation to deliver key projects.
- Development technical architecture experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and have a result orientated approach
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with stakeholders at all levels
- To up skill, coach and mentor team members to ensure that they are motivated, engaged and optimal.
- There is a role profile attached at the bottom of this advert which details the full skills and experience required.
- Our staff are currently working from home and all interviews are being conducted virtually via phone, video, and technical assessment. If your application is successful one of the team will be in touch to let you know what to expect.
- We have moved to a hybrid working model and there will be a blend of home working and an office presence of one or two days a week at The Cube in Birmingham.
- If you have any questions that aren't answered in the advert, or on our website, please contact us via: [email protected]
Select the apply button at the bottom of the advert. Please upload two documents; a CV and cover letter. This gives you the best opportunity to convey your knowledge, skills, and experience and how they specifically relate to the requirements for this role.
To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages .
The SRA is the independent regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales, protecting consumers and supporting the rule of law and the administration of justice. We do this by overseeing all education and training requirements necessary to practise as a solicitor, licensing individuals and firms to practise, setting the standards of the profession and regulating and enforcing compliance against these standards.
We offer an inclusive, supportive and friendly working environment and the chance to develop your career within a professional organisation. We are committed to the health and wellbeing of staff, helping everyone to strike a good balance between personal and professional life.
Additionally, we provide a generous flexible benefits package, including gym membership with a tax only cost, an excellent defined contribution pension scheme and an additional 3% of annual basic salary upon successful completion of probation.
Attached Role Profile
Senior Developer October 2021.docx - 537KB
Converted File Senior Developer October 2021.docx.pdf - 62KB Vacancy closing date: 30/11/2021, 10:00 The Solicitors Regulation Authority is an Equal Opportunities Employer.Diversity and inclusion is central to everything we do. We are actively committed to promoting and participating in good practice in the way that we attract, recruit and retain staff.Everyone is encouraged to bring their whole self to work because we appreciate the value that a truly diverse workforce brings to an organisation. We celebrate difference, recognising the benefits this brings to our inclusive culture, including age, disability, gender identity and expression, religion, race, sex, sexual orientation and socio economic background. We are a Stonewall Top 100 Employer, a member of ENEI, a disability confident employer and we are happy to talk flexible working.