Data science is a strategic imperative for us, with sponsorship and buy-in from the CEO down. We have invested heavily into Aviva Quantum - our global data science practice that brings together 700 data scientists from across the globe to understand customers and deliver the very best experiences.
Using cutting-edge data science techniques, on one of the richest insurance datasets in the world, Quantum Data Scientists innovate to tackle Aviva's toughest problems.
Within Aviva Quantumsits a very special team - the Customer Science Team. We believe that everything is better when we put the customer first; data science helps us do that at massive scale. We use advanced analytical techniques and rich data assets to create actionable insights, models and tools that support Aviva's strategic priorities and help customers defy uncertainty.
To that end, we have been assembling some of the best talent to drive world-class customer data science into action. We are not a typical, back-room data science team of "reactive servants". We combine data science expertise with a consultancy-like approach and execution.
We are passionately customer-first, and partner to drive strategic change and impact through our work. We have been recognised as the Best Place to Work in Data in 2019 and 2020 by DataIQ.
( https://www.dataiq.co.uk/articles/articles/dataiq-awards-2020---best-place-to-work-in-data-aviva-customer-science-team )Our Data Scientist are responsible for:
Skills & experience we would like to see:
- The creation and delivery of extraordinary customer-first, data science driven through to action - work that delivers significant, measurable customer and commercial benefit
- Collaborating with colleagues to identify and solve the real business problems
- Identifying new and existing data sources and data science techniques to generate best in class models, insights and understanding
- Crafting high-impact insights, models and recommendations
- Creating and sharing knowledge, developing team capability and collaboration
- Developing innovative approaches and solutions to problems
What will you get for this role?
- Highly numerate with expertise in statistics, machine learning, analytics or similar
- Educated to degree level in a mathematical or programming-oriented subject or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience. Post-graduate qualification is a plus but not essential
- Strong stakeholder/client management experience with a consultative approach
- Passionate about putting the customer first, with real-world experience of doing this
- Enjoy communicating and collaborating with others to deliver brilliant, high-impact work
- Able to communicate complex technical concepts to specialist/non-specialist audiences
- Programming expertise with one or more of R, Python, or SQL
- Have experience of digital and big datasets (eg clickstream, Adobe Marketing Cloud)
Working at Aviva
- A salary between £55,000-£70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.