About Tax Advisory:
We provide business taxes advisory services to FTSE 100, international funds, and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and the team also includes valuations and technology experts and economists. About the Role:
The Corporate Finance Practice is seeking a Senior Consultant/Director to support the senior team in providing tax input into restructuring projects.
FTI Consulting has one of the leading restructuring practices in the UK and has been involved in many high-profile cases both in the UK and internationally. FTI Consulting's restructuring group provide restructuring advisory services including independent business reviews, restructuring support, contingency planning including pre-packs, and act as insolvency practitioners.
The role is to support the tax Managing Directors on the tax aspects of these projects, including tax advisory to assist restructuring colleagues in reviews, contingency planning, tax structuring advice for re-organisations and pre-packs, and tax compliance activities for companies that enter insolvency. The role will be highly varied and provide a good balance between both advisory and compliance. The role is expected to form part of the essential link between the tax group and our restructuring colleagues and offer the opportunity to form a key part of this growing arm of our tax advisory business.
You must have experience of advising on restructuring and transactions projects, be highly organised, have a good attention to detail and be able work to deadlines. You are likely to currently be part of a restructuring or transaction services team at a Big 4 or equivalent, providing tax support.
At FTI, senior tax team members are actively involved with clients and projects. However, members at all grades team are encouraged to take on a greater amount of responsibility than is generally available in other practices. While support will be provided by tax sector specialists (e.g., employment tax, VAT etc.) you will need general knowledge across all tax areas, providing a high level of variety and a broad range of skills and knowledge development. Key Responsibilities:
Education and Qualifications:
- Supporting the senior team with tax on restructuring advisory and structuring
- Liaising with other members of the tax team and restructuring teams as required
- Leading the tax compliance processes for companies that enter into insolvency
- Delegating work to and managing the junior members of the tax team
- Assisting the senior team with other transaction and advisory projects as required
- Actively keeping up to date on technical matters and dealing with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice
- Assisting the senior team with thought leadership
- Taking ownership of projects in relation to WIP management and billing
- Undertaking training both for clients and internally as required
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree (2.1) or equivalent
- ACA, CTA or equivalent qualified
- Relevant post qualified experience of tax with a focus on restructuring or transactions more generally
- A good tax technical knowledge
- An ability to communicate (verbal and written) complex technical issues in a straightforward and practical way to tax and non-tax specialists
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Outgoing and personable and able to integrate with a team and interact with colleagues of all grades
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects and come to decisions independently whilst being supported by the senior team
- Demonstrable skills at building and maintaining relationships with colleagues within and outside tax teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.