About the Role
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance; risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Global Insurance practice within FTI is expanding across EMEA. The team is comprised of industry leaders with a combined experience of over 200 years from other leading management consultancies and insurance companies.
Our ambition to grow an insurance-focused general consulting and actuarial practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. We are looking to recruit market-leading experts in key areas of finance, pricing, regulatory reporting, capital modelling, due diligence; product and customer innovation; strategic consulting; regulatory advisory; and operational effectiveness.
This role is focused on people from the Accountancy space who are technically capable in the areas of financial reporting and strategic, commercial and financial due diligence - whilst also able to lend these skills to commercially relevant challenges faced by the larger insurance firms in the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.What You'll Do
How You'll Grow
- Deliver core management consultancy projects - exceeding client expectations by demonstrating strong problem solving and application of technical knowledge to addressing project needs
- Own daily interactions with clients and prospective clients - seeking to maintain and develop trusted relationships in addition to delivering projects
- Work effectively with a diverse work force of colleagues, client-staff, and temporary resources
- Participate in new business pursuits and insurance-specific initiatives and campaigns
- Develop the understanding of technical issues by your colleagues (both more senior and more junior), and actively engage in the global insurance network within FTI.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant with proven consultancy experience to experience a fast-growing dynamic practice. You will work in small project teams and learn deep industry knowledge and the components in a consultant's toolkit being surrounded by senior entrepreneurial SMEs. Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years' experience within the Insurance industry (either as a consultant or through experience gained working within the industry)
- Qualified as an accountant with over 3 years' post qualification experience
- A deep familiarity with insurance accounts (life/wealth and GI)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of generic business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
- An appetite for learning and genuine desire for a career where creativity and ingenuity are valued and encouraged
- Self-starter, with enough confidence to lead your own connections with 'friendly' clients, and a willingness to engage with new clients.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.