About the Role
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; export controls and sanction; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance; risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Export Controls, Sanctions & Trade practice is a global team has extensive experience helping U.S. and non-U.S. companies navigate customs and import regulations in the U.S., UK, EU, and China. We assist clients with optimizing and improving their trade operations with a focus on regulatory compliance and reducing trade-related costs. When risks are identified, our team understands the need to act quickly to assess the issue, propose an appropriate solution, and implement corrective action. While we are comfortable assisting with controversies such as customs audits and disclosures, our overarching goal is to assist our clients with fostering a culture of compliance to prevent unnecessary trade risks.
Our ambition to grow an ECST general consulting practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. We are looking to recruit market-leading experts in key areas of export controls, sanctions, and trade; product and customer innovation; strategic consulting; regulatory advisory; and operational effectiveness.
This role is focused on people from the International Trade space who are technically capable in the areas of export controls, sanctions and trade - whilst also able to lend these skills to commercially relevant challenges faced by industry sector in the EMEA region. What You'll Do
How You'll Grow
- Perform day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in export control and sanctions engagements
- Stay aware of developments in EU and global export control and sanctions laws including those related to the EAR, ITAR, and OFAC
- Assist in drafting thought leadership articles for internal and external purposes, preparing materials for public speaking opportunities related to export control and sanctions topics
- Work with clients to assess risk and design/implement responsive controls related to global export control and sanctions laws
- Manage domestic and international investigations into suspected violations in support of program improvements, voluntary disclosures, audits, and in response to government inquiries.
- Manage and motivate the engagement staff
- Deliver a high-quality product within established timeframes
- Prepare written analyses, reports, and presentations for clients and third parties, as necessary, on the project scope and/or results of activities
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a strong background in Export Controls, Sanctions and trade, with proven consultancy experience to experience a fast-growing dynamic global practice.
You will work in small project teams and learn deep industry knowledge and the components in a consultant's toolkit being surrounded by senior entrepreneurial SMEs. Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years' experience within the Customs and International Trade or Export Controls and Sanctions field (either as a consultant or through experience gained working within the industry)
- Master's in international Trade (or similar) or LLM degree
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of generic business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
- An appetite for learning and genuine desire for a career where creativity and ingenuity are valued and encouraged
- Self-starter, with enough confidence to lead your own connections with 'friendly' clients, and a willingness to engage with new clients.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs
- Experience advising on non-US export control and sanctions laws including Hong Kong, China, UK, EU, Japan, UN, and Singapore
- Experience in conducting international investigations including conducting interviews, document reviews, and utilizing data analytics/e-discovery systems
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models, databases, and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications
- Experienced in implementing policies, procedures, and software solutions in large multinational companies related to export control and sanctions compliance programs
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Additional language skills, especially Russian, Chinese, or Arabic
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.