At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's mostimportant. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it'sabout human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, tomaking cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where itmatters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need peoplecommitted to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People whovalue different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shapethe future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world- and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians.And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills andexpertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and managementservices. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complexchallenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Job Description
You will be a leading person in how Arcadis deliver Cost Planning andEstimating services, with an expectation of you taking key responsibilities forowning outputs on both large schemes and smaller specialist projects, rolemodelling best practice behaviours, training staff and acting as a subjectmatter expert advising clients as well. As part of our drive towards Big Dataand Digitalisation, we will give you the opportunity to be at the cutting edgeof the industry, upskilling in 5D BIM and dynamic cost modelling as theseservices become the norm. The key here will be making sure the traditionaltechnical skills you have gained in your experience are built into the trainingof the next generation of staff and adapted into how we use technology in thefuture.Your Day-to-Day:
- Acts as the Cost Planning / Estimating Lead (or works alongside this person), Project Manager, Designers, Suppliers, Planners, Risk and Value Managers, Client contacts plus others in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve best practice outcomes for clients
- To make a leading contribution to improving the quality and performance of Cost Planning and Estimating on a continuous basis
- To build costs from first principles where required and act as an advanced practitioner, adapting a wide range of technical information into a coherent message of cost advice to clients, becoming a trusted advisor
- To be a leading voice in project teams by understanding the drivers of indirect cost and advising project teams on achieving value for money
- Being a key contact in the peer review process of capturing of costs from site-based, seconded and Arcadis office-based staff working on tenders, compensation events and final accounts, and implementing and applying this information for benchmarking and data analytics
- Understanding Infrastructure and your clients' business case on various projects; being proactive in achieving value through engaging the supply chain to provide clients with a pragmatic view on whether their project has a realistic business case
- Kickstarts and leads the key activities involved with building a robust estimate, stakeholder engagement and how to define requirements at the outset
- Capable of leading the production of varying levels of Cost Plans / Estimates commensurate with the project stage and available information
- Understands and leads the interpretation and application of cost data from various sources
- Understands and leads the capture of key information required to support robust Cost Planning and Estimating
- Understands and provides a leading voice in the application of concepts such as risk, contingency, pricing tolerance and estimating uncertainty
- Capable of auditing and providing assurance to Cost Plans / Estimates prepared by others and producing reports assessing these
- Top Cost Planning / Estimating skills and significant experience within Infrastructure
- Ideally some experience in data analysis and use of cost planning software
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Strong academic background and Degree qualified (or equivalent level), ideally in Quantity Surveying or comparable/related disciplines, i.e. engineering, business, maths or finance related, but can also be non-cognate for specific candidates who display the right skillset and experience
- Ideally chartered or equivalent professional status, but not essential