About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
FTI is expanding its ESG consultancy and is looking for a talented and enthusiastic ESG consultant to join our existing team. We seek someone who is already hands-on in supporting clients with their ESG strategy and reporting and is ready to play a role in building the ESG offer at this leading business consultancy firm. What You'll Do
This role involves working across FTI's Strategic Communications client base to consult on ESG for a range of industry sectors including Health Care and Life Sciences, Real Estate, Energy, Financial Services, Technology Media and Telecommunications, and Industrials. Our clients view FTI as a trusted advisor across all areas of their business and are increasingly looking for our support on ESG. You will support them throughout the journey from initial consultancy to developing robust ESG strategies and reports.
Our offer to clients includes:
How You'll Grow
- ESG Workshops
- ESG Discovery and Analysis
- ESG Compass Model Landscape Mapping
- ESG Strategy Setting
- ESG Report Development
- Governance Counsel
ESG is a major strategic focus within FTI globally: although you will be part of a London-based team, you will join a network of committed practitioners in Brussels, Chicago, Dublin, New York and Washington DC, and worldwide. On some assignments you may partner with subject matter experts in clean energy and decarbonisation strategies, people and transformation, or public affairs.
This role will see you working with clients at all stages of their evolution, from pre-IPO to AIM-listed fast-growing businesses to FTSE leaders. You will take on a range of assignments, and be able to apply your existing skills to solving new challenges.
You will have the opportunity to join internal and external initiatives that we deliver as part of our business consultancy offer to clients, such as our current programme of thought leadership webinars with parliamentarians, policy makers and opinion leaders in the ESG arena. You'll also have scope to contribute to ESG thought leadership content.
You will grow your skills through day to day interaction with your colleagues and your clients. You will receive continuous feedback on your work, and also participate in FTI Consulting's learning and development initiatives. You'll have scope to participate in FTI's mentoring programme, and initiatives to support diversity, inclusion and belonging.Basic Qualifications / Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years working in ESG consultancy and reporting
- Experience of an ESG-related role at a business/management consultancy, a sustainability/ESG-specific consultancy, a Big 4 accounting firm, or an in-house corporate position preferred
- Experience in ESG gap analysis and report development
- Knowledgeable on current and emerging ESG-related regulations and disclosure requirements especially TCFD implementation
- Detailed knowledge of major ESG frameworks
- Experience in conducting materiality assessments
- Able to deliver high-quality client deliverables that surpass expectations and need no or minimal further input
- Likely to have held client-facing roles, but not essential
- Strong academic credentials to degree level
- Additional sustainability, ESG or related (e.g. climate change) qualifications welcome
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Consultative and collaborative approach e.g. in addressing client or colleague needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment; a good time manager able to balance several projects at once
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible: a can-do mindset
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1