For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy...
We are currently recruiting for a senior construction manager to join our construction business on a major regeneration scheme located in Central London. The role of the senior construction manager is to ensure that an effective and productive liaison is established with the contractors and site operatives and putting the best practice across all construction activities. The Construction Manager is instrumental in achieving & coordinating day to day activities.Accountabilities
- A key member of the construction delivery team with collective responsibility for EH&S and Quality of all site operations.
- Ensure all work is planned for at least 3 weeks in advance of the actual work commencing: this can be achieved by conducting one or more of the following;
- Quality Control & Document Review.
- Project Risk Assessment.
- Project Logistics and H& S Plan.
- EHS Plan.
- Method Statement.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Daily coordination meetings to ensure trade contractors comply with Quality, H&S Plan, Safe Work method statement and Permits to Work. Ensure site communications via 'white boards' etc. are updated daily.
- Undertake daily Quality and Health & Safety Inspections of all High Risk activities to ensure compliance with Quality Plan, ITP, Method Statements and Permits to Work
- Once a week undertake Fixings and Health & Safety reviews with trade contractors to ensure compliance with EDR's.
- Undertake daily safe behavioural discussions to confirm the contractor has complied with the 'safe start' requirement, Method Statements are being complied with and to obtain feedback from the workforce.
- Organise sites so that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to people, equipment, hazardous materials and all other materials.
- Regularly monitor that the companies' procedures and site rules and other instructions are being complied with.
- Immediately suspend works, which present an imminent risk of serious injury, loss, damage or significant failure of companies' procedures and take the necessary action to prevent a recurrence.
- Ensure all quality checklists, registers, records and reports are in order including those related to plant and machinery.
- Ensure the person/s operating plant or machinery has the requisite training and certification.
- Ensure any other Roles identified or assigned within the Construction Phase H&S Plan including any assigned coordinator roles are fully fulfilled.
- Liaise with all regulatory bodies and accompany Health and Safety inspectors, senior managers / health and safety managers and auditors on site visits and act on their recommendations.
- Support the Project Director/Manager in completing the monthly MSA on Enablon.
- Ensure all HiPos & Flash reports, RIDDOR, Lost Time Injures, near misses, serious safety observations and first aids are reported in Enablon and implement key lessons learned from all incidents occurring on site
- Ensure that any issues raised either on formal or informal inspection reports are actioned and closed out within the specified time period.
- Visit Project Conject regularly and close out snags/defects & NCR's.
- Liaise with the fire and emergency service on fire prevention.
- With the package manager, and where appropriate other managers, check, comment (in writing) and approve contractors' QA Plans, risk assessments, safety method statements and other related documents before work is authorised to commence.
- Monitor the progress of construction works with marked-up drawings and amend the methodology in light of unforeseen circumstances to ensure that overall completion dates are met.
- Develop and implement a clear plan of action to achieve the above.
- Constantly review the build quality achieved with the team ensuring that the client's requirements in this regard are fully met.
- Attend meetings as required with all contractors and ensure that they are fully aware of the latest design information.
- Coordinate all RFIs and information requests from the contractors in order to ensure timely release of information and ensure the works proceed as per the programme.
- To contribute to the construction delivery team as a core member of the team.
- Demonstrate personal leadership, integrity and creativity on technical cutting-edge projects.
- Demonstrates confidence and technical knowledge and experience in the process of project delivery.
- Operational expertise and capability in both the design and construction process.
- Client focused, understanding requirements and feasibility.
- Adaptive and disciplined for time management, ability to work on own initiative.
- Experienced in communicating technical information at all levels; both technical and non-technical to customer/client, peers and stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge of the supply chain including subcontractors and suppliers.
- Good interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Thorough appreciation of building costs and programming issues based on experience
- Thorough on-site experience
- Experience in AutoCAD applications.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, MSP, BIM & Aconex
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.