Description At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
As a Senior Commercial Manager at Arcadis you will lead and manage the pre and post contract Commercial teams responsible for managing the tendering and post contract delivery of multiple and mixed portfolios of infrastructure projects.
About the role (accountabilities include but are not limited to):
• Responsible for all pre and post contract commercial activities and managing Commercial teams on assigned project portfolio;
• Ensure that Commercial teams are delivering value for money and that fair and effective Commercial Management processes are implemented and maintained throughout the entire project;
• Liaise with the Procurement teams on the relevant procurement activities required for delivery in accordance with Procurement timelines;
• Monitor project budget, pro-actively manage the changes on the project, including project risk registers and contingency with the project's Delivery teams. This will include accurate periodic reporting and presenting of cost data and Cost of Work Done (COWD), accounting for any variances against budget in all commercial reports within the assigned project portfolio;
• Liaise with the Estimating team to provide accurate and current project cost data, evaluating high value changes as required;
• Undertake regular commercial reviews of both internal costs and external supplier costs and implement appropriate measures to manage any issues and mitigate risks;
• Lead and manage final accounts settlements of all projects in the assigned portfolio and support the Delivery teams with the project close out reports. This will include pro-active management of any commercial disputes and/or claims and providing a periodic claims report (seeking expert support, if required);
• Manage all commercial communication in relation to the contract(s) and advise Project Delivery teams on commercial queries, supporting the Head of Commercial with information required to enable informed decision making;
• Ensure compliance with HS2 Ltd's Commercial Governance and Assurance policies and procedures at all times; and
• Capture lessons learnt, reporting areas for improvement to the Head of Commercial. Qualifications About You:
• Membership of the RICS or similar recognised body;
• Experience of managing Commercial Management teams on large construction and/or infrastructure projects;
• Knowledge and experience of working with, or for, publicly funded bodies and projects;
• Experience of working under construction contract terms and conditions, preferably NEC and ICC, with knowledge of Target Cost/Fixed Price contracts;
• Commercial Management experience through the planning, development and tendering stages of major infrastructure and/or construction projects, working closely with Procurement teams throughout the tender process to deliver successful contract award and set up of robust post contract administration processes;
• Experience of implementing and maintaining an effective contract administration process and reporting system that is aligned to programme/project requirements; and
• Experience in contract, commercial and risk management techniques, change management processes and the resolution of contract disputes. It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.