The position is to join the UK team within the EMEA West-South (UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Iberia, Middle East and Africa) catastrophe analytics team.
The Catastrophe Analytics team, embedded into the broking unit, assists clients in analysing the risk to their business from all aspects of natural perils and catastrophes. Clients include insurance companies, reinsurers and governments. The Role
We are looking for an analyst to become part of the core renewal modelling, and to project manage a large multi-national account, within the UK & Ireland team based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to lead on a global account, which involves:
- oversight of the day to day modelling activities carried out for the client's the business units (BUs) across different territories;
- provide renewal modelling support, hands on as well as providing guidance to others;
- support communications with brokers, the client and other senior stakeholders;
- responsibility for the account's resource management and planning together with our modelling leads for the client's BUs, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met;
- facilitating regular renewal and project management calls between our catastrophe analytics teams and the client; and
- support other operations management including intra BU topics such as event response, view of risk and other service offering.
The role will incorporate year round client engagement on topics such as model interpretation, portfolio management and non-modelled risk assessment. Along with the commercial team and the UK Catastrophe Analytics lead, the individual will also assist in our Catastrophe Analytics services, assessing needed research and development as well as promoting these services to the aforementioned global client.
Your Catastrophe analytics background would ideally be at an Underwriting Syndicate, Broking or Model Development Company and you will be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of catastrophe modelling and how this relates to business decisions. Critical to the role will be excellent project management skills, stakeholder management and communication. You should have sound presentation skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical detail to clients who do not necessarily have the same level of technical knowledge of the subject. You must also possess excellent teamwork skills and be able to co-ordinate projects amongst different teams.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual, with the relevant, transferrable skills and ideally proven experience in the insurance market and catastrophe risk analysis.
- Operation of catastrophe modelling software (RMS and AIR)
- Oversight and knowledge of data auditing & cleaning
- Report preparation and presentation
- Understanding of financial modelling software
- Interpretation of model outputs
- Synthesis, presentation and explanation of catastrophe model results to clients
- Resource, operations and project management
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
- Degree in numerate or hazard related subject, ideally Applied Maths, Statistics or Engineering, Computer Science or relevant scientific subject such as Physics, Seismology, Atmospheric Science, Geo-Sciences.
- Understanding of the London/global re/insurance markets
- Knowledgeable of at least one vendor model (i.e. RMS, AIR), and ideally working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of probability theory advantageous
- Strong Problem Solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively
- Excellent project management and organisational skills is a must
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage expectations from a variety of different stakeholders such as brokers and underwriters
- Ability to work under pressure, and ability to multi-task and prioritise project work
- Proven ability to integrate into a time critical business environment and meet challenging time lines
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously and highly motivated to learn and grow within a global market leader.