Heathrow Airport (LHR), Longford TW6, UK
posted 16 hours ago
Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
Job Reference: 521130_1565707031
Job typeFull-Time, Permanent Job locationGlasgow, UK
Location: Flexible - UK
Salary: Up to £41,800 depending on experience, plus Annual Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this role will support the management of the Business Unit area interface in the execution of Procurement and Supply Chain services relevant to that business unit. Demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of procurement and commercial services and embeds a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership achieving set targets set in this regard.
As Senior Buyer, you will be predominantly focused towards bid-centric and tactical procurement activities. In addition, you'll support the implementation of a robust Supply Chain Management process within agreed area of responsibility, this is with a view to achieving 'best in class support from key suppliers including, but not limited to; preferential access to innovation, market knowledge, cost certainty, high quality, high performance, site deliveries. You'll engage with Category Managers and other regional/business unit Buyers to facilitate the wider function in providing a coordinated, effective and efficient service to the business with input delivered as directed by line management.
Key Skills and Experience
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of operational requirements and procurement activities
- Clear understanding of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement process
- Reasonable understanding, knowledge and experience of the processes relating to procurement strategy
- Experience of supplier development techniques and managing the development of supplier relationships
Essential Functional/Technical Skills
- High level of numeracy and ability to interpret numerical data
- High level of competence in drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
- Experience in delivering procurement services
- Ability to challenge the status quo to deliver change
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively
- Ability to gain commitment and "buy in "with good communication skills and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
- An ability to secure commitment on actions from all stakeholders
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body
- Experience of working within a contracting organisation
- Good local market knowledge
- Working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract
- IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, Emptoris
- Track record in stakeholder management
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities.
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you'll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You'll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.