Job Description: Position:
USClaims Senior BI AnalystReporting to:
Within a 2-hr drive of nearest office [Atlanta, White plains, Lisbon, Colchester, York, London]Role
The claims senior BI analyst will play a crucial role in shaping the future of claims and delivering high impact data and analytic solutions. The analyst will have the opportunity to work closely with the Claims Leadership based in Atlanta, as well as the broader claims organisation in Europe. Responsibilities:
- Partner with business to solve problems. See beyond the numbers and drive understanding of insights and trends
- Articulate analytical findings in clear and concise deliverables, including presentations, discussions, and visualizations to inform stakeholders and validate business strategy.
- Create data views and own data quality. Develop a range of analytics products from exploratory data analysis to predictive and prescriptive models, driven by business priorities
- Accelerate data driven decision making through well directed analysis and client communications
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by Analytics Manager
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving. MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- At least 3 years' reporting and analytics experience, working in Insurance Claims
- 5+ years' experience building analytics/BI solutions and end-to-end analysis. Management consulting experience a plus
- Solid SQL skills. Highly skilled in Tableau or other visualisation platform. Familiarity with R or Python a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and maintain high quality work throughout.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced and unstructured environments
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance, know how to build cross-organizational partnership.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Background in Claims (Insurance company) preferred
Person Specification: Deliverables 2021
- Refine and test KPIs. Ensure metric definitions and calculations are consistent with group.
- Support US claims leadership by addressing ad-hoc analytics problems accurately, timely and completely.
- Improve self-serve reporting by developing dashboards, taking into account trends and common themes from ad-hoc requests.
- Ensure planned projects are delivered on-time and align with group strategy
- Work with Matrix team in developing epics for analytics and supporting the team in validating user stories.
- Maintain and update R model, built in Shiny as and when necessary (group initiative).
- Support data and analytics activities geared towards Claims 2025 initiatives
At Hiscox our spirit is in Challenging Convention
and everything we do is guided by our Values.
What Hiscox USA Offers
- Courage: Dare to take a risk
- Human: Clear, fair & inclusive
- Ownership: Passionate, commercial & accountable
- Integrity: Do the right thing, however hard
- Connected: Together, build something better
- Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
- Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
- 401(k) with competitive company matching
- 24 Paid time off days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
- Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
- Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
- Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. Instead we are selective and focus on our key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
We insure the unique and the interesting. And we search for the same when it comes to talented people. Hiscox is full of smart, reliable human beings that look out for customers and each other. We believe in doing the right thing, making good and rebuilding when things go wrong. Everyone is encouraged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
Scratch beneath the surface and you will find a business that is solid, but slightly contrary. We like to do things differently and constantly seek to evolve. We might have been around for a long time (our roots go back to 1901), but we are young in many ways, ambitious and going places. Some people might say insurance is dull, but life at Hiscox is anything but. If that sounds good to you, get in touch.About Hiscox US
Hiscox USA was established in 2006 to focus primarily on the needs of small and middle market commercial clients, via both the broker and direct distribution channels and is today the fastest-growing business unit within the Hiscox Group.
Today, Hiscox USA has a talent force of about 420 employees mostly operating out of 6 major cities - New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Hiscox USA offers a broad portfolio of commercial products, including technology, cyber & data risk, multiple professional liability lines, media, entertainment, management liability, crime, kidnap & ransom, commercial property and terrorism.Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.You can follow Hiscox on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)
If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to[email protected]