We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and previously successful Senior Bid Manager to join our Strategic Sales team here at Sopra Steria.
As the majority of the bids you will be driving forward will be tech focused, we're looking for someone from a similar background who has delivered sophisticated IT/Tech bids from cradle to grave and has also supported the development of the sales and bid processes and people. You'll be leading complex and/or strategically important sales opportunities; work toward fixed deadlines with teams from Sopra Steria, suppliers and sub-contractors on multiple projects and bids, across a variety of clients and customers. Covering all Sopra Steria Business Units, including the two joint ventures, SSCL and NHS SBS. You will also have responsibility for line managing a sub set of the UK Sales team Bid Managers and Solution Owners.
This position will give you lots of opportunity to be involved in some of the most complex strategic bids for the company, working with UK senior management and at times our European colleagues. There will also be the opportunity to develop how the team works, improving our approaches and processes together with supporting and development of team members. What you'll be doing:
What you'll bring:
- Responsible for delivering bids, confidently, to multiple clients and external audiences, under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Develop bid plans in liaison with the sales lead and solution owner and be responsible for managing them through to conclusion
- Develop bid budgets and be responsible for managing to the budget
- Write and edit/review customer proposal documents
- You will matrix manage a team of subject matter experts, including technology, business process, commercial and legal experts and provide sales process advice & guidance when required
- Line management of a team of bid managers, being responsible for their development and providing advice and guidance on the bid manager role
- Mentor junior team members to assist in their development and experience of the bid management process
- You will at times lead special projects for the development of the sales process and capability
It would be great if you had:
- Demonstrable Bid Management experience, working across all stages of the entire bid process with a successful record of accomplishment, winning bids in a competitive market
- Has worked on complex bids for a technology organisation, involving the use of third parties and / or partners
- Undertaken Bid Management roles for opportunities in excess of £50m with team size in excess of 25 working with CxO level management in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrate a sales orientation with an understanding of bid management best practice and experience with bidding bespoke IT solutions, with an ability to think outside of the box
- Line management and mentoring experience in a bid environment
- Can demonstrate examples of improvements they have identified and led in improving bid management processes
- Knowledge of the Public Sector market
- Member of Bid Management professional body e.g. Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Experience of Shipley bid management best practice
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you! Employment Type:
Full-time Permanent Location:
Home working and office in Hemel Hempstead or London with travel to client sites Security Clearance Level:
SC eligible Internal Recruiter:
Competitive, Depending upon experience and development needs Benefits:
10% Bonus, £6,600 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical (couple), life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible. Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
We are a purpose driven digital transformation provider, creating innovative digital solutions to help clients drive their digital transformation projects and secure tangible and sustainable benefits. We harness the power of innovation to drive positive change in both business and society, delivering sustainable growth and services which make life better, from effective frontline citizen services, to digitising financial services, utilities, and delivering smarter roads.
We place people at the heart of everything we do and are committed to working with our customers, partners and suppliers to shape a better world and add real and lasting social value to the communities in which we work.
Together we are building a better future by delivering real and lasting value.
We are just at the start of what we can achieve together. Come and join us!
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We have partnered with Vercida , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site, where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application. We participate in the Disability Confident scheme and are committed to offering an interview to any candidate with a disability, who meets the minimum criteria for the role. If you believe this could apply to you, please let us know when completing your application.