Here at Aviva we are delighted to announce a superb opportunity for a Senior Assistant Company Secretary
to join Aviva's General Insurance (GI)
division on permanent basis. The key focus for this role will be to assist the division's Lead Company Secretary in the delivery of their accountabilities supporting the Aviva Insurance Limited Board and its Committees,as well as assist in the provision of high-end company secretarial and corporate governance support throughout the GI Structure.
The successful candidate will ideally be based from our Central London office and will also benefit from Aviva's current smart working arrangements.
This position is a fantastic chance for an experienced Company Secretarial professional to have full accountability for their own portfolio of boards / board committees, ultimately enabling the Boards within Aviva's General Insurance division to set and achieve strategic goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with a team of company secretaries, delivering high quality and specialist company secretarial and corporate governance services
- Supporting the Lead Company Secretary to deliver professional, timely assistance to Board, Audit Committee, Risk Committee and Conduct Committee members, and leading on two committees
- Deputising for the lead Company Secretary where required
- Working collaboratively with other Company Secretarial teams to ensure a consistent and aligned approach, advising senior stakeholders on relevant policies and procedures
- Working collaboratively with the Subsidiary Governance team, researching and investigating corporate governance issues and preparing associated documents
- Developing a sound understanding of Aviva's General Insurance business, acting as a trusted advisor for a portfolio of Board and committee members
- Line management responsibility for one Assistant Company Secretary
Skills & Experience required
- Prior experience within a senior company secretarial role for a regulated, Financial Services business
What will you get for this role?
- Ideally degree educated as well as FCIS/ACIS qualified (or extensive professional experience)
- Strong working knowledge of company law, administration and corporate governance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as digital literacy
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Discretion, gravitas and integrity
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary, depending on skills, experience, location and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 daysplus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (pro-rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daisy Holmes a call on +44 (0) 7436 672007 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.