Description About us
Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner.
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!Senior Android Developer - Menu Tribe
Our Menu Tribe is responsible for the core of the user journey at Gousto - it is where we enable the user to choose their favourite recipes.
We are a cross-functional feature team working closely with product, design, other disciplines and other parts of the business to deliver the best user experience.
As part of the Android discipline we collaborate on making the technology decisions across the whole Android app. Our app is Kotlin first, using coroutines and moving towards modular features. Continuous integration and delivery are core to our ways of working.
To be successful in this role, you will be motivated by delivering delightful experiences to users and finding the best ways to enable users to achieve their objectives.Core Responsibilities
- Work in a cross-functional team to find the best end to end solutions for the customers
- Support other engineers to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring
- Apply lean methodologies to improve Gousto's processes
- Evolve our product through simple iterations using A/B testing
- Bring beautiful frictionless experiences to our customers
- Advocate for Android design practices and technology constraints
- Good listener, open and empathetic to other people's ideas
- Cooperative and like to share your thoughts
- Curious about product and design and how decisions are made
- Proactive, taking goals and coordinating towards delivering value
- Good understanding of system's architecture, design patterns and testing strategies