You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day
Prospect acquisition via digital channels is one of the largest investment areas at American Express. As part of the broader Enterprise Digital & Data Solutions (EDDS) team focused on consumer acquisition, you will be responsible for helping to evolve a world class web application that supports the Consumer business and fuel business growth. Our team, Global Consumer Shop, manages, develops, and innovates our customer acquisition site & experience for prospects and cardmembers across 20 markets.
The Senior Analyst, Product Development role is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape digital experiences for one of the world's top brands. You will have the opportunity to see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of our company. You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems. You will enjoy being challenged in a lively, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Being a part of the product team means cultivating close partnerships with several teams, including: Marketing, who translate core business needs into a direction for the site and who manage day to day operations, content and offer strategy; Tech, who develop the code and bring the features to life on the site; Analytics, who provide thorough reporting and custom analysis on our tests and site performance :Design - who translate business requirements into tangible & creative solutions for our product. .
What type of work can you expect to do as a Sr Product Analyst at American Express?
- Responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms, following a User Centered Design approach
- Create and manage projects from concept through production; engaging the necessary teams to craft a rich and engaging customer experience
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer, grounding ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our Analytics and UX research teams to optimize the product through experimentation.
- Lead the Agile product development process (Lean, SAFe, Kanban) including writing user stories, defining support documents, and prioritizing features
- Work closely with cross-functional partners and colleagues (marketing, engineering, analytics, design, legal, compliance, risk) to create and maintain your product backlog
- Be responsible for understanding how our business functions and how it might best be served using new and emerging digital products and/or services.
- Keep up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies, and new trends
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
We have the know-how, creative platform and global reach to make nearly any idea a reality. Do these describe you?
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Proven agile product development experience preferred (Agile, Lean UX)
- Demonstrated interest in digital space and ability to collaborate with Tech, Design, UX Research partners.
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings, managing multiple priorities at the same time.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills, ability to understand problems and visitors behavior from data.
- Independent thinker, proactive, willing to do things differently, experiment, and share fresh perspectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas clearly.
- User-centricity: you are passionate about creating great digital experiences and value for our users.
- University degree in any of these fields: Engineering, Business, Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, Economics, Computer Science, Psychology or job experience in related fields preferred
- Curiosity, resilience and optimism
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]