VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Talbot Underwriting Services Ltd (TS1)
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
Talbot (Lloyd's of London Syndicate 1183) is a member company of AIG offering both insurance and reinsurance from the London Market with offices and a local presence in Asia Pacific, London, Miami and Santiago. Talbot are leaders in the War and Terrorism, Energy, Marine, Financial Lines and Cyber insurance sectors. We also focus on additional specialty classes such as transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap and ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance.The team
INDEX is Talbot's strategy and innovation team, their role is to support Talbot's strategy and explore opportunities to grow and modernise the business. INDEX works with people across the business, and across the market, to solve business problems, to explore new ideas and find creative solutions to some of the new existing challenges facing Talbot.The opportunity
To be a key member of INDEX - Talbot's Innovation and Strategy Team. To support INDEX in driving innovation in underwriting as running other strategic initiatives across the business. Responsibilities
- Support INDEX and the Head of Innovation in developing new ideas, products and processes that will drive innovation at Talbot.
- Support the development and delivery of general strategic initiatives across Talbot.
- Research and develop new ideas and opportunities for Talbot:
- Source ideas from across the business, the market - and beyond - that may benefit Talbot.
- Turn those ideas into specific initiatives that can be validated.
- Implement successful initiatives so they can deliver value to the business.
- Take direct ownership of select initiatives and work with INDEX and other business stakeholders to ensure effective delivery.
- Manage select INDEX relationships with key stakeholders - both internal and external to Talbot.
- Engage with new technology and explore how it can be utilised to improve our business.
- Providing analysis, documentation and presentation materials to support all of the activities described.
- Assist with the administration of the portfolio INDEX initiatives.
What can Talbot offer you?
- Insurance market experience, ideally in a market facing role.
- Graduate Degree (preferred course with analytical/numerical content; STEM or Economics or Finance/Business)
- ACII - preferred
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong Analytical and numerical skills with the ability to learn fast (including strong Microsoft excel skills. Further experience of data tools or systems would be positive)
- Well-developed research skills
- Strong presentation skills (strong PowerPoint ability preferable)
In addition to your basic salary, we offer a generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday; private medical coverage; a highly competitive non-contributory pension scheme and contribution towards a wellbeing activity.
Talbot is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination of all types and actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that taking a more inclusive approach to all aspects of the employee lifecycle creates an environment that allows talent to flourish, more effective collaboration, greater productivity and strong employee engagement. We also demonstrate our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through charitable giving and supporting our local community through a range of events and initiatives. Talbot recognises the desire of employees to work more flexibly both in terms of hours and location and therefore welcome discussions in order to facilitate this where possible. We are committed to ongoing personal and professional development, and provide a high level of support in order to help all of our colleagues achieve their full potential.Closing date for applicants is Friday 18th October.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.