A number of opportunities have arisen within the Capital Monitoring & Forecasting (CMF) Programme, on initial 12-month Fixed Term Contract basis. The role will initially support the development of new Solvency II Capital Requirement (SCR) processes for the equity release model.
The Capital Monitoring & Forecasting programme is responsible for improving our capital reporting processes. Focussing on more regular hard closes of the SCR, building a new sensitivity and forecasting system and standardising our Group processes.
The UKL Strategic team will be responsible for the successful design, implementation, embedding and running of new SCR processes, enabling results to be produced faster and more robustly.
The role can be done from any location (must be within commuting distance of one of our key offices in Bristol, York, Norwich or London) and under flexible working arrangements including part time working.
The specifics of the role will be set based on the experience and skill set of the candidate and could include:
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- Lead on building new system capability to deliver business requirements
- Lead a small team (1-3 colleagues)
- Act as product owner for developments to equity release model and processes
- Take responsibility for embedding a robust control framework across a range of processes
- Working closely with a wide range of Subject Matter Experts from across the Group to deliver the best outcome for the business
What will you get for this role?
- Qualified actuary (or equivalent by experience) with a considerable amount of post qualified experience
- Experience of Solvency 2 reporting, ideally across Own Funds and SCR
- Experience in designing and implementing new or improved processes
- Ability to work innovatively to develop solutions to fresh analytical problems
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.