Aviva are now looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst, to work alongside our teams in London or Norwich. This role would fit somebody searching for a challenge and the opportunity to tackle responsibility for administering large reinsurance arrangements in an accurate and efficient manner in our DBS Solutions team. We're particularly interested in those committed to their actuarial qualifications (which we will support).
DBS Solutions plays a key role in providing pension schemes with solutions to meet the needs of pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members. The Reinsurance Team within Aviva is integral in achieving this ambition by working with reinsurance companies and pension schemes to craft capital efficient solutions. Reinsurance Operations specifically has sole responsibility for the ongoing administration of all in force reinsurance arrangements within DBS Solutions.
With 2020 increasing our work remit significantly, we can see that reinsurance will continue to be one of the biggest parts of Aviva and this role will be a key part of our growth.
Most of our team are Norwich based, but we are happy for this person to be based anywhere as long as they're comfortable travelling to Norwich weekly.Some of the role's duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experiences required:
- Producing/checking accurate monthly and annual account materials for a portfolio of reinsurance arrangements and operations
- Assisting the on-boarding of all new reinsured schemes onto the reinsurance administration system
- Building and maintaining detailed and accurate process documentation
- Seeking opportunities to highlight operational improvements where applicable
- Continually building knowledge and participating in team training sessions to accommodate future reinsurance products as they are developed by the Reinsurance and Structuring team
- Robust commercial experience in Reinsurance Operations is preferred, but any direct involvement in pension transactions is relevant
- Making good progress with exams towards achieving the qualification of Fellow of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries
- A good attention to detail to ensure that all materials are built to a high standard
- Knowledge of pension benefit specifications
- Comfortable with weekly travel to Norwich office to liaise with our Reinsurance Operations team located in Norwich
Aviva are keen to build a path for development in this team. We are growing quite substantially in the reinsurance space and looking to encourage those who want to build a career with study support and the backing of Aviva's significant resources.What will you get for this role?
Oh, and by the way...
- A salary up to £55,000 depending on skills, experience, location and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. We'll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they're from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied, and we'll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.