The Senior Business Development Executive will deliver against financial targets, focusing on expansion within existing accounts made up of EDQ's most established and strategic client base as well as acquiring new accounts - leveraging internal resource as well as their existing network.
You will be a driven, determined and successful individual with proven business development track record together with a good level of understanding of the Data Management / Data Quality / SCV market place.
You will work closely with your Sales Manager to execute on the sales strategy within the overall business strategic plan; personally accountable for delivery of margin targets and other market/client focused objectives for the business line.
Responsible for the development of business, carrying significant margin targets, potentially made up of both New Software/Services/Data sales. Recognised as an expert in many areas of sales, including having worked with large important accounts with a proven track record of consistently delivering new business growth.
Level of approximate responsibility:
- Approximately £750K new business margin
- Lead on cross Experian propositions to meet customer requirements, while also delivering consistent sales in line with monthly and quarterly targets
As a Senior Business Development Executive, the expectation is to act as a role model for other members of the team in terms of subject matter knowledge, sales execution, work ethic, territory and account planning, application of sales governance and general professional conduct. Key Responsibilities
§ Identifying business opportunities (both short term and long term), ensuring that the sales pipeline is consistently maintained through CRM (Salesforce)
§ With potential new clients, identifying and evaluating prospects and creating successful and profitable relationships
§ In the marketplace, by identifying and creating new business needs and cultivating Experian's ability to respond to them
§ Produce an annual sales plan, manage and measure performance in line with the plan
§ Taking personal responsibility for developing and maintaining a network of contacts internally within Experian and within key client and potential client organisations, including industry associations
§ Liaising regularly with Experian colleagues both within the Business Unit (Marketing, Finance, Delivery, Client Service functions etc) and within the wider Experian Group
§ Working with the marketing and propositions function to ensure we go-to-market in the appropriate way
§ Provide Accurate and Timely Sales Forecasting § Providing your manager with timely reports and analyses on sales performance Qualifications:
• Ideally Degree level education
• Proven, successful sales experience in enterprise SW - ideally across Contact Data Management, DQ, SCV domain.
• High level of commercial awareness - identifying opportunities, structuring a deal, negotiating & closing.
• Proven ability to deliver consistent results against financial targets over an extended period of time
• Proven background in selling / developing business
• Ability to perform under pressure in a competitive environment
• High personal drive and ability to influence internally and externally
• The ability to forecast accurately and consistently
• A track record of consistently delivering great results
• Able to build relationships and vision with clients at all levels including C level as well as internal stakeholders
• Ideally trained with a recognised sales methodology
• Strong communication, strong presentation and time management skills. Personal Qualities:
• Driven and High energy
• High degree of emotional intelligence and personal ethics
• Strong work ethic
• Resilient and tenacious
• Considered, level-headed and work well under pressure
• Ambitious with the desire to progress within a FTSE 50 corporate business