Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure. Role Profile Role title: Global Account Director Colt Level: S1 Business Unit: Sales & Marketing Reports to: Sales Director Location: Various Role purpose
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director this role will hold strategic responsibility for development of the global sales strategy across assigned multi-national Global Content customers.
Using your business acumen, exceptional insight and executive level influence you will work with a team of Sales, Service, and Solution Engineers to ensure account growth and optimum customer satisfaction.
As Global Account Director you will have overall responsibility for managing the customer relationship globally i.e. the global sales strategy, account plan and account team coordination. Key accountabilities
Responsible for managing business development activities for high profile global accounts that lead to expansion and growth of new business. Develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships to uncover new opportunities, develop solutions and sell strategic Colt services.
- Broaden and deepen existing customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Build relationships and contact plans on all three levels of the customer organisation (operational, management and executive) for all regions.
- Lead the virtual team of Regional Account Managers in execution of the global strategy, to drive profitable growth across accounts.
- Develops global account management plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles, and continuous study of assigned accounts, industry, business and trends.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Use engagement skills to establish account strategy with key stakeholders (focus of power, focus of receptivity, and focus of dissatisfaction) in the specific account.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company’s entire product suite.
- Develops a version of the global account management plan to share with customers to solicit their input and have them gain a sense of joint ownership of the plan.
- Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential.
- Manages financial and operational performance of global and regional accounts, participates in contract negotiations
- Builds strong internal network across all geographies to ensure collaborative approach to managing global accounts.
Relationships and key contacts
- Results-based Performance: Responsible for global target performance, managing the global pipeline in Colt tools
- Monthly Teaming: Monthly global account team call with Regional AMs, Regional Sales Manager, VP, Exec Sponsor, etc. Must be scheduled for the year
- Account Planning Quality: Create and maintain a quality strategic global Account Plan with inputs from global account team. Account Plan assessed during the Quality Account Review Meeting
- Client Engagement Quality: Client Governance Committees Management
Role specific requirements Skills & Experience
- Lead a team that plans, develops, designs, negotiates and delivers high value, bandwidth services which contribute to the clients strategic business development
- Provides high level reporting to Colt Exec on regional plans to secure high value business development
- Ownership of a range of global clients
- Experience of selling successfully strategic international solutions to large customers within the Telecommunications and/or IT Systems Integration industries, or related discipline
- Experience leading global contractual, financial & commercial discussions
- Familiar with account strategy and global account management governance
- Experience of leading and managing multiple projects, priorities and stakeholders simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of the latest trends in terms of technology sales methodologies and approaches
- A proven track record in consultative selling solutions, in addition to broad knowledge and industry relevant expertise
- Exceptional relationship management skills at ‘C’ level
- Existing relationships with large multi-national clients
- Willing to travel internationally as required
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous, agile environment.
- Proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently while building a successful sales pipeline
Colt Values Customer
- Bachelor's Degree / MBA in business / technology preferred
- English language skills at professional level
We see through the customers eyes - We keep it simple Ownership
We focus on the outcome - We step up Leadership
We tell it like it is - We help people be amazing Teamwork
We are rock solid - We are fast on our feet
We are a winning team with strong shared values that guide how we do business with our customers, partners and each other Full details can be found here What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
•Flexible working and relaxed dress code
•Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
•Pension and insurance options
•Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
•Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Manager, Data Center, MBA, Technology, Management