What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
About the role
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme.
- Save As You Earn Scheme.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
Our security analysts areexpected to add strong analytical skills in a security context to help reduce security risk for Tesco. Part of reducing security risk is having high quality telemetry to help drive things like detections and analysis within the Security Operations Centre and other teams. This role is about having accountability and the ability to identify when telemetry isn't fit for purpose or has room for improvement, and then putting in the changes to fix it. You will be responsible for
It is expected that you can measure the quality of security telemetry, like firewall data or proxy data and be able to identify when the data doesn't meet the requirements for a specific detection or data model.
You will manage and progress the changes required to fix the quality gap through to production. You will need
- Working across teams to achieve significant improvements in data quality
- Continuously analysing current data, looking for opportunities for data rationalisation and content standardisation, making sure data is aligned with a common information model
- Define, implement, and monitor data quality rules in order to detect problems at an early stage
- Deliver change to enable adoption of data quality rules, ensuring continuity of business operations
- Drive data issue identification, root cause analysis, resolution planning, and execution with business and IT owners
- Translate data quality results into clear business impact statements to help understanding & adoption of data management practices
- Establish yourself as the data quality subject matter expert, providing operational quality monitoring and resolution
- Ability to perform data normalisation as per a common information model
- Ability to perform correlation across varied and large sets of data to provide enrichment.
- Experience with data parsing techniques e.g. regex for field extraction.
- Proven technical understanding of logs from different operating systems and security tooling.
- Practical application of data query languages (SQL, SPL), scripting languages (Python,PowerShell)
- Comfortable working with large-scale datasets and data manipulation software
- Ability to work independently to identify issues and improvements
- Clear communication of complex concepts both within my team and across teams/departments
Our cyber security team are the eyes and ears of our organisation. We use the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of systems, services and data. To do this we need to stay ahead of the latest threats and continuously improve our tooling, techniques, and processes.
Responsible for developing and running security processes day-to-day for the Tesco Group, we're continually working to step change security capability to further enhance the protection and controls that we offer for our customers and colleagues across the UK, Europe and Asia, and we're looking to add great people to our growing team.
We believe that skilled and passionate people are our greatest asset in reducing risk to our business and customers. We encourage and support continual development and learning, and recognise the importance of keeping up with changes in technology and an evolving threat landscape.
Communication is key - working collaboratively with our software and systems engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Campus in Welwyn Garden City.