Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It's an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Hours: Monday - Friday
This position focuses on the processing of Springfields food waste. This role will take the lead on ensuring the waste SOPs are correctly followed and all data is accurately reported.
It is the Section Leaders responsibility to take ownership of the product reverse flow area; this is a sleeves-up, hands-on role, where leading your area is of uppermost importance.
You must at all times display behaviours expected of a Section Leader..
Ensuring your allocated team members are guided, and supported to perform at their very best at all times, whilst adhering to the policies and procedures within their area of work.
What you'll do (job tasks and responsibilities)
- Maintaining regular communication with Process Manager, Supervisor and/or Team leaders on shift to ensure good service and operational tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the processing, reporting and disposal of Springfields waste products down the correct waste streams.
- Communicate with third party charities/businesses to organise waste collections from site.
- Ensuring your allocated team are working in the best possible way and adhering to agreed waste SOPs and operational standards.
- Always escalate any potential problems up to your Process Manager, Supervisor and/or Team Leader..
- Conduct appropriate operational checks when required, as well as ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental standards are always maintained.
- Responsible for meeting department KPI targets and waste accuracy measures.
- Any other reasonable duties as tasked to achieve the needs of the business.
Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be effective in this position
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics: work honestly and with integrity.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Basic problem solving ability.
- Energetic and passionate about success.
You're a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You're initiative and a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You'll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
Dream - Today's good is tomorrow's mediocre. We're always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people's skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.