PHD Global Position:
Global Search and Social Director Location:
PHD invented communications planning almost 30 years ago. We are now the most awarded network, winning Network of the Year the last 2 years running. PHD Global Business in London is focused on delivering communications strategy, planning and activation for regional and global brands - often working closely with the rest of the PHD network around the world. That's more than 80 offices across 70 countries. We are part of Omnicom Media Group, the media division of Omnicom Group, Inc.
We are proud to work with world class, premium brands including Volkswagen, Canon, Audi, Porsche, HP, HSBC, Airbus, Diageo to name but a few. Each of them has different business models and challenges to wrestle with, and we partner them to get the most out of communication, for today's world and also tomorrow's. Context:
PHD Global is seeking an experienced Paid Search and Social Director to work within the central client team for a major global automotive client.
This role is perfect for someone who has excelled within Search and Social in an agency, and is ready to step up into a consultative role. The Global Search and Social Director is part of the central team who will work across 10+ markets with a focus on search and social strategy leadership, media partnerships, market advancement and local market governance.
This role is the primary leads across these two channels, delivering global strategic and operational guidance to drive local market performance within these channels. Continuing to advance Paid Search, while also being a strong leader in Social in order to steer the channel roadmap and give our global clients clear direction on how to drive innovation and thought leadership in these channels.
The Global Search and Social Director will also be responsible for sharing channel/platform insights and opportunities with our global client team and their creative agency to shape global campaign strategies, including detailed asset and activation recommendations.
Responsibilities and opportunities of this role would include;
- Creating an innovative and data-driven roadmap for both Search & Social for this leading auto client's central Digital team.
- Client Leadership, including leading client meetings both face-to-face and weekly conference calls.
- Managing relationships with key partners like Google and Facebook, with the scale of the client allowing a direct impact on product development and creating customised solutions for your client.
- You will have a global impact on the client's business and ability to generate revenue, especially as the industry begins to explore eCommerce.
- Having a good understanding of media tech stacks and various 3 rd party tools and platforms.
- Keeping up to date with the latest product innovations from key media partners which will impact the after sales segment of the automotive category.
- You will be part of a Digital team based in London working on this client, packed full of other smart, nice people, working across other areas of this leading automotive company.
This role is heavy on client-contact so ideal for strong communicators with a genuine interest into how businesses work as your opinion will be taken very seriously. Specific Responsibilities Include: Global Search & Social Client Management
Global to Local Paid Search & Social Management
- Be the main point of contact for the global client on all things Paid Search and Social.
- Set the agenda for Paid Search and Social at a global level to ensure client education and engagement continually progresses
- Integrate PHD within the campaign development process to ensure search and social media considerations are shared with clients and their creative agencies at the right time
- Work closely with other client partner companies to ensure a collaborative approach across key client projects, including campaign strategies and media innovations or sprints
- Provide updates on local teams' status to the global client team, including the proactively flagging any potential issues impacting search and social marketing effectiveness.
- Proactivity in terms of educating clients and other team members of new products and themes that develop with paid search and social, be it in presentations, POVs or other opinionated pieces.
- Cascade global material that you/your team create to local offices, including global strategies, best practices, and other educational material
- Identify opportunities for paid social and social sprints/innovations, and lead the global support for implementation in markets
- Help local teams uncover and understand client objectives, challenges, and needs in order to actively provide search and social solutions for the client.
- Govern local market activity to ensure set up and optimisation are in line with the centrally recommended approach for this client.
- Work with markets to ensure that testing and learning agendas are part of their daily approach.
- 7+ years' experience in both Paid Search & Social at either a digital agency or client-side
- PPC and Paid social platform management experience
- Priority will be given to those with global business experience, understanding the nuances in terms of cultural differences, varying digital landscapes and scalability within global teams.
- Be a proactive self-starter, clear communicator and strong presenter.
- Have an adaptive style in being able to communicate often technical ideas in simple terms to people not familiar with the topic
- Have strong organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once autonomously
- Ability to manage challenges of various clients and market interests in a culturally sensitive manner
- Previous automotive experience desirable but not required
- Language skills
- Required: English
- Highly desirable: German
- Desirable: Other western European languages