Term: Permanent Reports to: Senior Business Development Manager/ Head of Marketing Operations Practice group: Marketing Operations Location: Scotland or Warsaw Purpose of role
The Business Development Executive will provide support on marketing and business development activity across two specialist industry group teams. The role will be focused on delivering strategic objectives in relation to UKIME sector campaigns, events, sponsorship management, thought leadership and client relationship management and client targeting.
Responsibilities Campaign Management
Assisting with the development, targeting and management of campaigns to promote our capabilities and thought leadership. These campaigns will be both UK and cross regional, focused on client needs and enable us to strengthen existing relationships and develop new client opportunities.
- Drafting integrated campaign plans using the full range of communication channels
- Working alongside fee earners on the framing and development of content
- Drafting and designing marketing content (e.g. both client and internal communications, email and web content)
- Working with the Digital marketing team for campaign roll-out online
- Ensuring on and offline marketing collateral is compliant with visual identity guidelines, working in conjunction with digital marketing and PR executives, brand and design teams
- Tracking ROI, and measuring and acting on feedback in relation to campaigns.
Supporting the project management of transactional and strategic proposals, together with the Senior Manager / Manager; providing input on approach, team formations; draft, create, review and edit content; ensure adherence to branding requirements; ensure adherence to pricing procedures.
Events and sponsorship management
- Support the monitoring of panel appointments
- Together with the Senior Manager/ Manager develop high quality materials for use in proposals to convey UKI positioning, experience and sales messages to clients and targets. Ensure that this content is replicated in appropriate systems and all communication channels.
- Act as practice ambassador for proposal best practice to ensure understanding and compliance of the proposal process
- Responsible for logging proposals in all relevant places and updating outcome results. Analyse win/lose rates and make recommendations as to how to improve performance.
Working with our Marketing and Business Development teams you will work on the planning and implementation of high-impact client events, both in person and virtual.
Client relationship management and client targeting
- Qualifying proposals for new events in line with our strategic objectives and our wider event programme
- Drafting invitations and creating bespoke target lists for each event
- Organising all logistics (including Zoom set up where relevant) and running the event
- Sourcing client entertainment options and maximising hospitality opportunities through our ongoing sponsorships
- Ensuring that we maximise the client engagement opportunities afforded by these sponsorships
- Managing webinars and editing content for follow-up circulation
- Recording ROI in our CRM system following the event and ensuring leads are followed up on
Working with our Business Development teams and our key client team to assist with the management and development of our most significant client relationships.
- Assist with input into client development plans and internal reporting
- Managing regular bespoke reporting to our clients and fulfilment of our relationship commitments
- Coordinating client team calls and ensuring action points are progressed
- Conducting research on sectors, organisations or individuals, liaising with the Intelligence and Insights team, and our library where necessary.
- Identifying opportunities for us to solicit feedback from our clients.
- Working with the Clients & Markets DBSE team to co-ordinate contributions and input into business development systems including InterAction, Creds Bank, proposals and CV databases for supporting initiatives such as events, our key client programme, proposals, experience statement compilation and legal directory submission.
- Updating website and intranet content
- Monitoring business development spend against budget and ensuring payment of invoices relating MBD activity
Required experience, skills and attributes
Qualification Requirements of the Role
- Significant relevant marketing and organisational experience
- Experience of working in a legal and/or professional services environment
- Understands when to act and when to ask
- Builds trust amongst fee earning teams and wider stakeholder community
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and deputise for their line manager when required
- Sound working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Graduate calibre with demonstrable and/or professionally recognised marketing or communications qualification (such as CIM, etc)
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email [email protected] NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email [email protected]
- Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.