As the demand for Jacobs' services continues to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Nuclear Safety Case Manager
to join our Nuclear business in the South West of the UK, with an initial focus on the delivery of multi-disciplinary site infrastructure projects.
Success as a Nuclear Safety Case Manager will be measured by achieving excellent delivery, customer satisfaction and further growth of work to support our consultancy-based business.
- Application of Nuclear Safety Principles and applicable policies and procedures
- Development of safety case strategies and plans
- Oversight of safety case preparation and production
- Safety case preparation and production of more complex cases
- Provision of mentoring and guidance for less experienced personnel
- Liaison with site safety committees and regulators as appropriate
We are looking for people who have experience or transferable skills into the nuclear industry. If you're interested in driving your career forward, then we'd like to meet you and discuss this exciting opportunity. About Jacobs
Jacobs Nuclear works closely with customers and partners across the defence, nuclear and power generation industries, delivering a wide range of engineering projects and services. Ou r experience of supporting the UK submarine programme and every nuclear licensee across the UK over the last 60 years means that we can offer unrivaled support and expertise to our partners, and a supportive, rewarding and enriching working environment for team members.
Our business is built on long-term strategic partnerships, and a key aspect of this role will be the delivery of successful and cost-efficient projects within an evolving and collaborative programme environment.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford, Birchwood, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for the safe delivery of quality-assured projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment. Qualifications and experience
- A sound technical or engineering background with a minimum of a 2:1 in a scientific or engineering degree
- Significant demonstrable experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within the nuclear and/or defence industries
- Experience of leading safety assessments and leading/supervising others
- Track record of managing teams producing Safety Cases to time, quality, cost and customer satisfaction
- Significant demonstrable experience of defence naval base safety cases would be highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience
- Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Act with integrity and possess a conscientious approach
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities
- Outgoing and personable with a successful track record of developing relationships with customers at all levels
- Available to work full-time in Plymouth, Dorchester and potentially other locations within the UK