As the demand for Jacobs services continues to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nuclear Safety Case Engineer
to join our Nuclear business in the South West of the UK, with an initial focus on providing safety case support to nuclear site infrastructure projects. The successful Nuclear Safety Case Engineer could be based in Gloucester, potentially Plymouth or Dorchester depending on their home location and anticipated project focus.
Success as a Nuclear Safety Case Engineer will be measured by achieving excellent delivery, customer satisfaction and further growth of work to support our consultancy-based business.
We are looking for people who have experience or transferrable skills into the nuclear industry. If you're interested in driving your career forward, then we'd like to meet you and discuss this exciting opportunity. About Jacobs
Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the Defence, energy generation, new build and decommissioning sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford, Birchwood, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for the safe delivery of quality-assured projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment. Qualifications and experience
- A sound technical or engineering background with a minimum of a 2:1 in a scientific or engineering degree
- Significant demonstrable experience in the Nuclear industry
- Experience of leading safety assessments and leading/supervising others
- Track record of managing teams producing Safety Cases to time, quality, cost and customer satisfaction
- Significant demonstrable experience of defence naval base safety cases would be highly desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience
- Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Act with integrity and possess a conscientious approach
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities
- Outgoing and personable with a successful track record of developing relationships with customers at all levels
- Available to work full-time in Plymouth, Dorchester and potentially other locations within the UK