The opportunityOur growing team embraces the definitions of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and belonging in a vibrant workplace. Resilience Engineering helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable; through Safety Engineering, Asset and Data Analytics whilst solving the Engineering challenges of the future.
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division of Atkins, part of SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of delivering Resilience Engineering & Sustainable Critical Systems exploiting Asset Management and Data Analytics principles, we require a capable Safety and/or ARM analyst to join our Aldershot team.
Our clients are demanding support in a variety of both traditional and pioneering areas, which we provide holistic services, requiring a diverse range of experience with an understanding of Safety & Asset Management in the broadest sense, whilst increasingly considering Digital Twins, Digital/Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to name a few.
The Safety & Asset Management Capability offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking Asset Management Engineers/Consultants with an understanding of Safety and/or Asset Management and Data Analytics principles, which considers both organisational and physical systems, ensuring people, equipment or the environment are not exposed to unnecessary harm. Safety & Asset Management involves the use of a diverse range of tools and techniques to identify and assure systems are safe, secure and sustainable.
Our growing team offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We require individuals who have a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess the personal characteristics including:
As a proud supporter of the Armed Forces, Atkins' Employees are supported to participate with one of a number of reserve forces and will receive up to an additional 10 days paid leave to maintain their annual training commitment. Responsibilities for the role are:
- Confident, a good team worker and trustworthy;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Providing technical analysis of designs and processes to Safety and/or ARM Management related projects and bids;
- Presenting the findings of your work in presentations and written reports;
- Developing and implementing strategies and plans to solve client problems;
- Collaborating with colleagues in related discipline areas such as human factors, or training to build coherent responses to client requirements;
- Working within time, cost and quality expectations.
Skills / Qualifications Essential
- A commitment to continuing to develop your professional competence, including working towards Chartership or equivalent;
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach to developing your career;
- A solution focussed approach to your tasks;
- Willingness to multi task and to take responsibility for challenging assignments;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- A good team worker and trustworthy;
- Good inter-personal skills and a confident communicator;
- Resourceful and able to deal with ambiguity where necessary.
- Degree level in an engineering, maths or science discipline or equivalent;
- At least 3 years experience working in a safety, ARM or other asset management related role;
- A keen interest in developing your career further in one or more of these areas: safety, ARM or other asset management, cyber security;
- An understanding of Safety and/or ARM Management principles and the processes by which they are delivered, such as Management Systems and Plans;
- Experience of developing safety or other types of management plans and management reports;
- Experience of using safety, reliability or other asset management analysis approaches to identify the effectiveness of system designs and process: e.g. hazard identification, FMEA, FMECA, Fault Trees, Reliability Block Diagrams, data analysis;
- Experience of developing design and/or process assurance arguments;
- Experience of hazard logs, safety case or ARM case development;
- Experience of working directly with clients to assess their requirements and solve their problems;
- Experience of technical leadership or a desire to progress to such a role;
- Excellent report writing skills.
Experience in the following would be desirable, although where relevant to your role on the job training and personal development will be provided:
Why work for Atkins?
- Experienced in a consultancy environment;
- Previous experience of the application of applicable industry standards and regulations;
- Development of arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence (CAE) and/or Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) techniques;
- Competence in tools such as Reliability Workbench/Fault Tree+, Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE), eCassandra®, etc.
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.Training
Atkins is committed to developing it's people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual's abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
", "datePosted":"2019-10-10T00:00:00+00:00", "validThrough":"2019-11-13T23:38:18+00:00", "employmentType":["Flexible Working