Risk Reporting Analyst Job Code:
1125542 Skill Band:
Risk Management Location:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
20 Mar 2019 Risk Reporting Analyst One Lime Street, London About Us
All roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and Vision 2025:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This leadership role will practice and promote the principles of inclusive leadership and respect the value of diversity.
The Risk Management team is critical to Lloyd's achieving its long term aims by ensuring risks to the strategy are effectively identified, assessed and managed within risk appetites set by the Franchise Board.
The team is responsible for operating an effective and robust risk management framework at the Society.
This responsibility is achieved through facilitation of the risk governance structure and establishment of supporting risk management tools such as the risk appetite framework, risk and control assessments and the "Own Risk and Solvency Assessment" (ORSA)
The key objectives of the team are to:
- Provide a robust framework to identify, assess and manage effectively the current and future emerging key risks to Lloyd's objectives
- Ensure the effective operation of the risk governance structure and risk reporting, including settling Lloyd's risk appetite
- Raise standards of risk management across Lloyd's
- Facilitate an effective risk culture
Provide assurance over the management of risks faced by Lloyd's The Role
Support the Risk function's ability to understand the risk profile of Lloyd's by using available data to automate and enhance the function's risk reporting. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- Contribute towards the successful delivery of the Lloyd's risk framework through the continued improvement of risk analysis and reporting that enables an improved understanding of the risk profile.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including team members, risk owners and the Corporation's central Data team, to understand the data available and determine how it can be used effectively and accurately to report risks across the Corporation.
- Produce a range of regular risk dashboards to provide the risk committees with the management information required to assess risk exposures, for example risk appetite and ORSA reporting.
- Provide visually engaging analysis using appropriate techniques to highlight the business conclusions which can be tailored to the audience.
- Automate the production of risk reports and dashboards so they can be run as required by other team members.
- Effectively operate and administer the Corporation's risk management system and ensure that the production of risk reports is integrated into the system for all users.
- Support financial and operational risk teams as they perform deep dive reviews into areas of heightened risk across the Corporation, ensuring that the teams make effective use of the data available and that the presentation of the conclusions is visually engaging.
- To respond with agility to requests (i.e. ad hoc projects) from the Chief Risk Officer or Head of Risk Management. This will include supporting other members of the team as required
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- Excellent desktop IT skills, including using relevant software to support team working (e.g. SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and integrating them to work together)
- Data preparation and analysis skills, using relevant software to present data (e.g. Qlik Sense, Business Objects, QlikView)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are essential to effectively deliver the responsibilities of the role, including in the production of clear, accurate and easily accessible reporting to a range of audiences.
- Excellent time management skills, used to working to deadlines and under a certain amount of pressure. Ability to maintain effective personal workload plans that are achievable prioritised appropriately and meets business objectives.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and projects while working independently and without detailed supervision.
- Required- Understanding of Risk Management, including knowledge of key risk concepts and approaches and how this works in practice.
- Desirable- Good understanding of Lloyd's and the insurance industry
- An understanding of data governance, legal and regulatory rules and procedures relevant to data handling and open data management
- A sound understanding of statistical methodologies and how to use data and information innovatively and effectively
- Project management skills to actively contribute to ad hoc projects.
- Worked with or in a Risk Function
- Track record of using quantitative techniques to analyse data and develop conclusions
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: