High-performing institutions cultivate and grow talent, carefully balancing costs and rewards. From employee benefits to executive compensation, we take a rounded perspective, based on leading-edge thinking, data, analytics and software, unearthing new ways to motivate people, foster wellbeing and implement solutions that work.
Our Human Capital clients are varied - we advise organisations across all industries, from financial services to retail and telecommunications to energy. In the UK, we advise many of the world's leading and largest companies and often interact with our offices around the world to provide a truly global service offering. We provide invaluable advice to companies at some of the most exciting and critical moments in their lifecycle, at times when employee engagement and retention is crucial - from mergers and acquisitions to listing on the stock market.
Our Reward consultants provide the strategy, design and execution support essential for paying people appropriately and enabling organisations to attract, retain, motivate, and engage employees efficiently and cost-effectively. Working with our Executive Compensation practice, which is one of the largest in the UK and is part of a global team of Executive Compensation specialists in over 30 countries. Clients come to us for many reasons. A HR Director or Remuneration Committee may need our expertise to help review top pay arrangements in times of change - perhaps on the merger with or acquisition of another business. Clients will range from all major universal banks to niche financial services firms.
The Role *** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: 3rd September 2019
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
You will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects. You will serve as a key resource for the consultant in charge of each of your engagements by performing many intricate aspects of the client work. As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client. You will work alongside some of the industry's top consultants on client projects including many household names. Our clients include well-known companies in the FTSE 100 and 250 indices as well as with privately-held companies and public service organisations. We work across a wide range of sectors.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you benefit from more structured learning interventions.
Recent projects that are typical of our work include working with Companies across different sectors to:
- Preparing a briefing document on executive pay for the Board of a FTSE 30 company.
- Comparing the earnings over a three-year period for a FTSE 100 chief executive with the earnings of other comparable chief executives.
- Conducting a major review of executive pay design for a publicly-funded organisation which involved interviewing senior executives as well all the members of the board.
- Design and implement a career framework. This involves developing job families and role profiles and conducting job levelling, an analytical process that determines the relative value of jobs in an organisation. It provides a foundation for rewards and talent management programmes, including:
- Base pay.
- Short- and long-term incentives.
- Performance management.
- Career management.
- Workforce planning.
- Succession planning.
- Learning and development.
- Review their reward strategies to ensure they are competitive and support drivers of attraction, retention and engagement.
- Design, model and implement high-impact sales incentive programmes, clarify sales processes and roles, sales organisation design and develop engaging and motivating sales force communication programmes.
You will be working with the largest global banks on a wide range of Reward projects. You will work with companies to understand their compensation strategy. Your day to day tasks will include:
- Benchmarking compensation data
- Data analytics
- Financial Services regulatory research
- Company financial tracking
- Remuneration Committee support
- Other Executive Compensation and Reward projects
The purpose of your role is to review their reward strategies to ensure they are competitive and support drivers of attraction, retention and engagement. You are required to have good problem solving and analytical skills and an interest in the financial services sector, as well as interacting with clients. Qualifications and Training
We do not have a formal 'timetable' nor are consultants required to have a particular qualification. Support for external qualifications is therefore determined by the needs of the business and the individual. We support a wide variety of qualifications, depending on the team's requirements and your interests. We have supported new graduates through qualifications such as CFA, the ICSA Share Plans, ACA and World at Work.
We have a focussed training programme for graduates joining T&R. Over your first year you will have regular training sessions covering technical and consulting skills, as well as giving you the chance to learn about different parts of the practice. We continue to invest our people and you will have regular opportunities for training throughout your career with us - both on the job and more formal classroom sessions. The Requirements
The Application Process Stage 1:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Online application, including CVStage 2:
Online testingStage 3:
Video interview - in partnership with the Bright Network,
we have created an academy module on 'How to Ace your Video Interview'. Click here to sign up and watch
it! Stage 4:
Assessment centre Stage 5:
Offer and on-boarding
Equal Opportunity EmployerStart date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the end of August / early September 2020.