Review Manager Job Code:
1127640 Skill Band:
Performance Mgmt Location:
United Kingdom - London Type:
FTC Date Posted:
2 Apr 2019 Review Manager (FTC) One Lime Street, London About Us
All roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and will contribute overtly to:
Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognised and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work. This role will practice and promote the principles of inclusiveness and respect the value of diversity.
The role of the Syndicate Capability team is to ensure that Lloyd's oversight of syndicates is clear, consistent, transparent and effective.
One of the key accountabilities of the team is to assess the capabilities of both existing Managing Agents and potential new entrants to ensure they meet or exceed the Lloyd's minimum standards. Lloyd's annual market oversight plans include a number of risk-based minimum standards reviews at individual agent and these are a critical input to Lloyd's oversight of the market. Thematic reviews which consider a topic across a selected sample of managing agents/syndicates are also a key part of Lloyd's market oversight.
The central review team within Syndicate Capability brings together a group of review professionals, each with specific subject matter expertise, to conduct the majority of managing agent specific minimum standards reviews. Where required the team also works with other oversight teams to deliver thematic review activity. The Role
The role holder will be responsible for assessing the capabilities of Managing Agents and new entrants to ensure that they meet or exceed the Lloyd's Minimum Standards. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- Responsible for assessing the capabilities of Managing Agents and new entrants to ensure that they meet or exceed the Lloyd's Minimum Standards.
- Maintain your knowledge as a technical expert in your field so that you can make robust assessments and give credible advice to executives and senior management within Managing Agents about good practice, areas of non-compliance/weakness and their performance against peers.
- Make best use of the knowledge and insights already available to Lloyd's about Managing Agents capabilities before reviews are initiated. You will need to engage with relevant subject matter teams to ensure that the review scope adequately addresses the risks that have given rise to the need for a review, and plan reviews to ensure efficient use of Lloyd's and Managing Agent time and resources.
- Responsible for determining review ratings that are supported by evidence and conclusions from reviews. When determining review ratings, ensure that your interpretation and application of Minimum Standards and requirements is consistent with Lloyd's approach to other Managing Agents and proportionate, taking account of the nature and size of the business. Communicate and justify your findings, including any gaps or weaknesses and proposed Managing Agent actions to the senior individual accountable for the function.
- Ensure that difficult messages are communicated effectively to the correct individuals and in a timely manner, and that review reports contain no surprises for the Managing Agent. You will be responsible for leading discussions as required with senior individuals at the managing agent (e.g. CEO, other executive or non-executive directors etc.) Work with the Managing Agent to agree corrective actions that will address the root cause of issues.
- Key point of contact with Business Development (Commercial) team with regards to agents going through the 'Making it Happen' process for new agent/syndicate approval. Responsible for leading allocated minimum standard review work as part of this, including liaising with new entrants to ensure that they meet requirements and agreeing action plans to address any deficiencies.
- Provide specialist review knowledge, training, best practice, research, insight and innovation to oversight teams, incorporating input from Managing Agents, Regulators and Professional Audit organisations, to ensure Minimum Standards Reviews deliver the intended outcomes and benefits.
- Peer review draft and final reports before they are issued to Managing Agents to ensure consistency of approach and quality of output. Ensure that evidence submitted by agents and all review related documentation is stored in a central document repository.
- Responsible for leading allocated reviews in line with agreed schedule, timeframes and quality standards.
- Upload all review evidence and review documents to Sharepoint
- Actively seek ways to improve the efficiency and value of Lloyd's reviews, minimising effort required by Lloyd's and Managing Agents whilst keeping levels of assurance high.
- Liaise with subject matter teams to keep up to date on market developments and share news and insights about challenges and findings. Identify thematic risks and issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Work with subject matter teams on thematic reviews as required. This may include input into scoping the review, designing work programmes, reviewing documentation, carrying out review meetings/interviews with managing agents, documenting findings and conclusions and drafting market wide and individual agent feedback.
- Understand and assess risk
- Forensic questioning
- Analyse large amounts of information and data and draw conclusions
- Write clear and concise reports that drive action
- Communicate difficult messages effectively through written and verbal mediums
- Provide constructive feedback
- Make commercial and customer focused decisions
- Provide pragmatic, risk-based solutions
- Effectively operate within a matrix structure drawing together the services and activities of multiple functions
Essential to the role is a good working knowledge of:
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- Market practices and issues/challenges relating to your specialist subject g. delegated authority, risk management, data quality
- Risks and management of risks for your specialist subject
- Good practice audit protocols
- Relevant regulatory expectations including the principles of SII, Conduct and Lloyd's Minimum Standards and the approach businesses take to comply with these
- Lloyd's market practices, operations and financial structure
- Significant and relevant insurance/reinsurance industry experience
- Technical specialist in subject area
- Experience of review or audit experience
- Experience advising on risk management, performance and/or
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: