Atkins is a people business. We know that our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our worldwide team of experts. We are proud to have created a collaborative culture and continuous learning environment in which our people thrive.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) business is a technical consultancy, and we provide advice and engineering expertise to public, regulated and private sector clients. We deliver a range of services including Project Management, Business Consulting, Asset Assurance, Mechanical Design & Analysis and Technology Consulting, Communications and Systems into the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Intelligence, and Civil Government and Infrastructure markets.
The Practice Resource Management team who work across our business is currently expanding to meet increased demand from our clients.
The goal of our practice resourcing team is to facilitate the effective recruitment and deployment of our Advanced Engineering and Technology experts so that their contribution to the business can be maximised. The team operate in a fast-paced environment at the heart of the operation and have a strong rapport both with our technical team of over 400 staff and the managers of our exciting range of projects spanning Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology.
Working as part of the Practice Resource team you will support the Advanced Engineering & Technology (AE&T) Practice Managers, Technical leads, Hiring Managers & the Resource Manager. You will report into the Resource Manager and take an active role in facilitating the meeting of project resource requirements, identifying suitable roles for available staff and help manage the interface with the Atkins Recruitment team to make our recruitment process as slick as possible.
You will support the AE&T Resource Manager and sub Practice Managers in identifying resources to support the delivery of internal/external projects as well as bids. Where resources are not obviously available within AE&T you will be responsible for communicating the shortfall and working with the Resource team and Practice Manager to look at alternative supply options.
You will provide support to the practice technical staff involved in recruitment, for example by coordinating attraction activities, writing job descriptions, helping with CV selection for interview, coordinating interviewers and working with the central recruitment team.
You will preferably have a good knowledge of the Systems Engineering and/or Safety & Asset Management skillsets, either from direct experience or working alongside people with these skillsets. Alternatively, you will have a background in resourcing/recruitment in an engineering environment.
The role requires experience of the full recruitment life cycle including the importance of data/policy compliance, together with high levels of organisation, attention to detail, strong relationship management and the ability to prioritise resource demands in an ever-changing landscape.
The opportunity would suit someone who takes a pride in maintaining excellent service delivery within a fast-paced environment, enjoys variety in their working week and wants to contribute to the success of Atkins as part of the Practice Resourcing team. Working within the team you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself through delivering creative resource solutions to a range of different stakeholders and projects.
Activities of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- You will support the Practice Managers (and capability leads) in optimising the allocation of staff to projects and bids balancing business requirements and aspirations of the staff.
- You will maintain the Resource Management tool (RAFT), which captures allocations and potentials for each sub Practice. The RAFT tool produces a weekly availability report as well as forecasting productivity, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of this MI.
- You will develop a broad understanding of the staff's skill sets, mobility and where possible development needs & aspirations.
- You will support the Practice Managers to understand the medium to long-term resource demand, and recording 'potential' requirements in the RAFT tool.
- You will need to respond to changes in business requirements in a timely and cost-efficient way, working collaboratively with stakeholders across different teams to build the most effective solution.
- You will monitor, measure and report to the Resource Manager on resourcing issues/ activity.
- You will work with the Hiring Managers to create (using established templates) technically specific Job Descriptions to send onto the recruitment team to be advertised.
- You will help with the down-selection of CV's for interview (where appropriate) and with updating the Atkins' recruitment system.
- You will work with our central recruitment team to facilitate the setting up of interviews and be part of the interview process where appropriate. The expectation is that you will be the second interviewer with the Hiring Manager (dependant on the level) being the lead.
- You will support the Hiring Manager to ensure feedback is provided post interview and if appropriate assist in creating the offer grid for Practice Manager approval.
- You will be responsible for tracking the recruitment activity across the AE&T practices and produce useful Practice level recruitment MI on demand.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all data and interactions by the practice are undertaken safely, securely and in compliance with all legislation - in particular GDPR activities.
You will ideally have:
- A Systems Engineering or Safety & Asset Management background with knowledge of corporate recruitment processes or:
- A Proven track record/experience recruiting/staffing experience in a corporate, professional services/consulting, or high-tech industry
- Resource management experience within a Consultancy environment and/or Engineering sector.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- That you are able to manage a diverse group of stakeholders and prioritise activities when faced with a high volume of work and tight deadlines
- That you are proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing packages (Word and Excel)
- That you have the aptitude to quickly learn and get the best out of management systems used to support the recruitment and resourcing functions (such as Workday)
- That you easily develop and maintain peer and senior manager relationships
- That you are resilient and able to resolve conflict; acting at all times with integrity.
- That you are confident, diplomatic and tactful and demonstrate high levels of confidentiality.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.