Summary of Role
Reporting and Data (RDT) is a team within the Investments line of business dedicated to internal and external reporting, post-trade compliance, and data management. This role is in data management, a growing and increasingly important function, supporting the needs of a rapidly changing business.
This role is to become an expert in the data used by the Investments business, to set up and maintain new data entries in the databases, ensure quality controls are performed and support the development of the business's data capabilities.
You will quickly build a sound understanding of our business structure and the information within it, while working with a diverse mix of investment professionals of different backgrounds and experience levels.The Role Initial responsibilities
- Set up and maintain new data entries in the database, such as new clients and portfolio details
- Perform data quality control checks, liaising with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as required
- Carry out exception reporting and resolution tracking
- Quickly develop competence with internal systems and processes
- Support ad hoc data extractions
- Develop and maintain robust processes to ensure data is accurate and meets business needs
- Develop and document process guidelines and governance structures
- Enhance processes and bring greater consistency to tasks
- Learn WTW's internal systems and processes to a high degree
- Help maintain a data dictionary and act as guardian of the investment data
- Own pricing/valuation data for Investment Book of Records (IBOR)
- Support the transition of the business to new data management systems and tools
- Offer technical expertise and collaboration within the team and across the Investments business
- Manage work groups or people within a physical or virtual team, providing MI to the management team
- Take a central role in projects within the function, team or wider business
- The successful candidate will be expected to work within the existing risk management and audit framework of the team and business, which includes checklists and review processes, branded 'Professional Excellence'. All team members are encouraged to contribute ideas for process improvements.
- Throughout you will benefit from the business's focus on training and development, including soft-skills, investment knowledge and data expertise.
- People from a number of educational backgrounds and different levels of experience could be successful in this position
- Some experience in data management is required (see “Support Specialist - Data Management” for entry-level role)
- High levels of organisational skills are essential for the successful candidate
- Candidates should have a good proficiency in MS Office applications and general computer use
- The scope of work within the team requires a keen eye for detail
- Minimum of A-Level standard of Education (or equivalent)
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Able to use initiative to propose and implement solutions
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.Unsolicited Contact:
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.