Aviva UK are now looking either for a Risk Consultant or Senior Risk Consultant for Renewables to join our Aviva Risk Management Solutions (ARMS) specialist technical division - providing risk management services to Aviva and clients.
We're growing and looking to increase support to our Renewables Underwriting Team. This team (Renewables & Construction ARMS team) provides technical support carrying out site surveys in the UK and overseas and representing Aviva with brokers, clients and Insurance forums.
Our current team are all home-based workers with regular meetings in London, and this is the working style we would ask you to adopt, as part of our "Smart Working" initiative. This role will report to the Technical Account Manager - Renewables & Construction
We believe this is a phenomenal opportunity to join a thriving and established team that are pushing to be the market leaders in Renewable Energy, wind, solar, batteries, etc. This will be a key and influential position in a team making big steps in 2021 - with the full backing of Aviva's resources and reputation.The role's duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experiences required:
- Providing our Renewables Underwriters in Global Corporate Specialty (GCS) and SME with high quality loss avoidance/mitigation measures
- Developing, managing and completing survey programmes and production of reports (internal and external), supporting with desktop reviews
- Responsible for management of risk improvements, while ensuring the governance framework is adhered to ensure Risk compliance
- Developing and maintaining key internal stakeholder relationships to ensure people understand the GCS/SME Renewables risk management business, strategy and ensure the best service is delivered to customers
- Providing leadership regarding technical matters to underwriters and supporting initiatives for service and operational improvements by acting on feedback from customers
What will you get for this role?
- Mechanical/Electrical engineer degree or equivalent education
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or working towards chartership
- Ability to analyse, collate and interpret underwriting and technical information to ensure pro-active risk management decisions are made
- Significant experience working within the Renewables industry (onshore/offshore wind, Solar PV, Battery Storage) in maintenance, operations, commissioning, asset management, or construction roles
- Sound knowledge of international/industry fire protection standards
- Highly developed presentation and customer engagement skills
- Relevant industry certifications (i.e. GWO, BOSIET) are desirable
- Proficiency and comfort to present in spoken and written English; additional languages an advantage
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant
* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808 287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.