About the Role Base Location:
Flexible UK however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, or London. Travel to Glasgow will be required regularly for team interaction. Salary:
£54,600 - £81,800 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Reporting to the Head of Engineering you'll be accountable for leading an engineering team responsible for delivering all design development and construction engineering requirements across a £billion Project Portfolio whilst providing specialist engineering support to over 3GW of renewable operational assets.
Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the design and implementation of the Mechanical Engineering team structure and the appropriate mechanical design and integrity management strategies across both development projects and the operational portfolio (in effect cradle to grave engineering responsibility).
- The effective management of discipline-based development and construction teams, delivering against specific project and asset integrity management strategies and governance frameworks.
- Providing engineering assurance to the Director of Engineering that technology choice and design solutions will deliver against agreed risk appetite, stated project objectives and financial returns.
- The delivery of mechanical, materials and condition monitoring engineering support to the portfolio of development and operational Onshore Wind and Hydro projects, including Coire Glas Pumped Storage Scheme. This includes ensuring the capability of staff as well as resource management to meet the needs of the business.
- Supporting the Head of Engineering in the development and implementation of business unit strategies in line with the SSE Renewables Onshore Europe strategy. What do I need?
We are seeking a credible Engineering Manager with proven experience in building and leading high-performing engineering teams as well as a passion for renewables and/or clean energy.
To be considered for this role, we would also love you to have:-
- A Chartered Engineer qualification, and membership of the Engineering Council.
- Experience in either an asset integrity management role or Power Generation project delivery role.
- A strong understanding of risk identification, assessment and appropriate mitigation.
- Commercial awareness, with a good understanding of the commercial context the Engineering function operates within, and the implications of this on wider business goals.
- The ability to constantly innovate and drive business growth, as well as a focus on continuous improvement in a complex and ever-changing environment.
- A high degree of comfort operating across all levels of the organisation.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and decision making skills, always treating others with respect and dignity even in the face of conflict. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ' Inclusion & Diversity at SSE ' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on [email protected]
/ 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.