About the Role Base Location:
Glasgow or Perth Salary:
£25,000 - £34,100 + support for professional exams + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables has ambitious growth targets for offshore and onshore wind farm development in the UK, Ireland and internationally. The Net Zero Acceleration Programme will see Renewables invest around £5bn over the next 5 years in low-carbon assets making this an exciting opportunity to join the Renewables Financial Control team.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about working in the energy industry and will bring fresh thinking and ideas to the role and the wider Finance team.
- Assist with a broad range of Financial Control activities - including, but not limited to; month end journal postings, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of VAT returns, involvement in the half year and year end audit including preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with the auditors.
- Build close relationships and gain exposure to our wholly owned development projects, you'll be exposed to a large amount of ad-hoc work, supporting projects with a broad range of finance requirements as our business continues to grow. What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Enthusiasm, an ability to learn quickly and a passion for seeking out opportunities and building your career
- Relevant accounting experience, gained from working in a similar role with an ability to analyse and interpret data
- A knowledge of key balance sheet account reconciliations with an attention to detail
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft office applications
- Strong financial systems experience (Oracle desirable) About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [email protected]
/ 01738 344763
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.